Trying to identify PBT and KXA WI leg bands

francisp

Jan 5, 2024
Parrots
Sun conure, crimson belly conure
Hi all,

I have been searching off-and-on for my rescued conure's (black capped and crimson bellied) breeders ever since I adopted them 7 years ago. I've scoured the internet, made phone calls, sent e-mails...nothin'.

I would love to know more about their history if anyone has any tips on these bands.

One is a closed orange band engraved with PBT1991. The other is a closed blue band labeled KXA WI 01. Obviously, the second band is from WI, but I've been unable to locate the breeder. I know leg bands are notoriously difficult to get information from, but if anyone is familiar with these bands I'd love to know!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
In my experience, local bird clubs are the best bet. Breeders (and their brands) come and go, and parrot-lover communities, as local as possible are most likely to be familiar with that. I found my Patagonian's breeder by scouring lists of clubs that were local to the area(s) which I suspected were his origin, and contacted them until I found her... a one-time breeder who would only have been known to local folks. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts