Bird bread!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Due to my current stresses, last night I couldn't go right to sleep. And I put my fids to bed at 10, so I didn't keep them up too late.
I decided they could still benefit from the situation so I made them a new bird bread. They really didn't like the last batch (well Chiqui and pineapple eat every thing but loki didn't like it). So I tried something else.

1 sweet potato, 1 can organic pumpkin, 2 t honey, 1 cup chopped mango (should have puréed it), 1 egg, 1/2 c (ish) almond milk, 1 c whole wheat flour, 1 c corn meal, 1 tbl coconut oil, and 1 bag mixed veggies. Sprinkled with cinnamon! It looks delicious made a huge 9 x 13.
If I remember I will take a pic of the evidence later as I suspect they'll all like this one. I hope!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That sounds yummy! Please remember to take pics of them enjoying their bounty!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Mmmmm, I know your loves will appreciate the special treat from Mom. Making a fresh batch if birdie bread sounds like a nice way to relieve stress related insomnia.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Mmmmm, I know your loves will appreciate the special treat from Mom. Making a fresh batch if birdie bread sounds like a nice way to relieve stress related insomnia.

And the smell!!! Very soothing.
It's always nice to know they'll be benefiting from my inability to relax!

ThoseTwoKeets

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Parrots
Two parakeets.
Wow, I would eat that. Haha.

Even with something that yummy, my two picky parakeets probably wouldn't eat it. I would probably need to tear it up and mix it with carrots.:rolleyes:
You need to have a bakery, filled with things for parrots. :chomp:

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I wish I could do that!!! I would love that! (A parrot bakery)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh, and for my gcc I do tear his up into smaller pieces. I've made some with cooked and mashed carrots as well. You can make it with anything to appeal to a picky bird and sneak things in. :)

Most Reactions