Bird Poop

Jan 25, 2021
I met a man that had cancer, I had let him know I loved birds so the conversation quickly got to his health and how he worked with pay phones back in the day until he retired. He told me his doctor told him his rare cancer was caused by the Pigeon poop he worked with installing and removing those phones all his career. I found it hard to believe but who knows??? Does anyone have an idea if bird poop can cause this? Or is this just a feral pigeon thing? Or just plain hard to believe?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I met a man that had cancer, I had let him know I loved birds so the conversation quickly got to his health and how he worked with pay phones back in the day until he retired. He told me his doctor told him his rare cancer was caused by the Pigeon poop he worked with installing and removing those phones all his career. I found it hard to believe but who knows??? Does anyone have an idea if bird poop can cause this? Or is this just a feral pigeon thing? Or just plain hard to believe?
There are a couple of Lung Virus /Cancer that can be associated with Bird Poop. They tend to be only seen with Breeders, sometimes called Breeder Lung. However, this is only seen in cases of extreme levels of build-up of the Poop and as it powders and fills the air with the dust. Years commonly pass with extensive daily exposure before there are such results.

Installing and removing Telephone Booths that are exposed to the elements which includes rain and wind, and such build-up would be serious rare. But, if that is the store he wants to use, who am I to question it.

Most Reactions