Bird successfully treated for infection but noticed Her regurgitating still

Snowbird

Jun 13, 2018
California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Hi, I recently posted about my bird having a yeast and fungal infection. The good news is that she went for her check up. The vet confirmed 7 days ago that she is infection free. Her healthy bacteria levels are still good even after the treatments, so she didn’t need to go on medication to help bring that up.

The problem is that she just regurgitated tonight. One piece got flung a bit but most of it fell to the ground by her. It was undigested food. My question is, is it normal for a 13 week GCC to just regurgitate sometimes? She is doing fine besides this regurgitation thing. Her weight, appetite, activity level, breathing, everything is normal. Should I be worried? Again, infections were gone as of a week ago. No changes behaviorally or physically. I know older birds regurgitate to show affection but she is 13 weeks old. So I am just really curious if this is a common behavior that happens from time to time and not necessarily a sign of illness. Thank you for any responses.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad your bird is confirmed infection free! Not familiar with GCCs but imagine she's a bit young for reactive regurgitation. I'd watch closely to see if repetitive issue. Excellent idea to monitor weight, at this stage should be steadily increasing.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
weigh daily. What do poops look like?
What us diet? To much fruit or dried fruit can throw off digest systems. Mine get fruit every other week, it should be 20% 9r less if diet

Most Reactions

Latest posts