BirdTricks Natural Feeding System wanted

LimonLovebird

Sep 18, 2020
asia
Parrots
1 Lovebird (rescue/adopt)
2 GCC (adopt)

2 Congo African Grey (passed/spooked and never returned c.2010)
Looking for natural feeding system cookbook for parrots digital copy.

I support their(birdtricks) work, I've lapped thru all their youtube videos, at present I just dont have the money to spend $40 on a set of books which i foresee not using the holiday and bird-human-safe recipe books. Anyone willing to share digital copy of cookbook for parrots? (I can offer a small token to offset your costs)

I am trying to up my chop game for my rescue lovebird with a bad plucking issue, he has a bare back when he came to me :(

Last edited:

Soupy

Apr 18, 2023
Parrots
Macaw
BirdTricks is crazy expensive but I do love and trust them. They are excellent at breaking things down into understandably steps. I have the electronic version of the cookbook. I wouldn’t feel right sharing the whole electronic version but I could email you the seasonal chop recipes. . I don’t think you can get the actual books anymore. Try eBay. I just bought the elite trick training manual used for $25. And it isn’t actually used.
Could I possibly have it? A one year old macaw fell into my care suddenly and has a horrible diet and I wanna get a jump start on weaning him but he was dumped on me so suddenly I can’t really afford that book until next month.
Thankfully I got most of the basic things except for a scale and fresh veggies (which is why I’d want to do it right and perfect to wean him into the healthiest he can be)

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Could I possibly have it? A one year old macaw fell into my care suddenly and has a horrible diet and I wanna get a jump start on weaning him but he was dumped on me so suddenly I can’t really afford that book until next month.
Thankfully I got most of the basic things except for a scale and fresh veggies (which is why I’d want to do it right and perfect to wean him into the healthiest he can be)
20230418_074029.jpg
20230418_074035.jpg
20230418_074103.jpg

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Huh, that’s a ton of pasta, grains and beans. And only one bell pepper for the fall/winter? Kirby would be calling my manager! :LOL:

Thanks for the share though! I have been curious what their ratios are. It seems very, very different from what I’ve read on here! I try to remember the ratios from the “I Love Amazons” thread, but we go heavy on the vitamin A veg due to a deficiency.

Most Reactions

Latest posts