Blankets and the hate for feet….

SoberParrots

Aug 15, 2021
North Carolina
Parrots
lineolated parakeet, Bipper
anyone else have a bird who loves to go under blankets and bite your feet? My bird suddenly gets very territorial over my blankets and kicks me out of them by attacking my feet when i allow him under there. Drives me…… NUTS!!

Attachments

• AB09E014-0AB4-452F-9744-E337573E8DEC.jpeg
    AB09E014-0AB4-452F-9744-E337573E8DEC.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 91

Justrosie

Nov 28, 2018
anyone else have a bird who loves to go under blankets and bite your feet? My bird suddenly gets very territorial over my blankets and kicks me out of them by attacking my feet when i allow him under there. Drives me…… NUTS!!
I believe blankets and other “warm and fuzzy” ovjects make parrots a bit territorial, as it proposes a good nesting area! I would probably avoid allowing him under the blankets with you to discourage this behavior.

My Goffin will sometimes bite my toes through the blanket when he’s on top of it… it always shocks him when I yelp 🙄 they’re such goofballs.

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hi soberparrots,

I would add just one more thing to what Justrosie rightfully said.

Looking at the picture, your bird seems to be a creamino Linneolated parakeet. Linnies, as some of us call them, are notorious for their love to burrow under blankets, pillows, clothes....It is often said to new owners to be aware of that as accidents are quite common since they are small birds and could be crushed inadvertently.

:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts