Blue Fronted Amazon sound

barkin

May 24, 2024
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon
Hi.

We re-homed a Blue Fronted Amazon about 6 months, she not very friendly and wont come near, due things that happened in her past, we have been told she layed eggs years ago, so going with female. She has been getting better and will not climb onto your arm for food. however in the last month (ish) she has start make the very loud noises and twitting at the same time.

i have attached a video, hoping the 5 secs is enough to get the idea, she can do it for several minutes, am not aware of sounds near/around where she is in the house to copy that sound, any insight to this would be great.....wife and i are think mating call, but not sure

Attachments

• jade1.mov
    7 MB
Sounds like normal Amazon sounds, just regular vocalizing. Not pleasant but....

You may never know.
as a re home there is no way to know what noises she was exposed to and what she may repeat for your listening pleasure.

Unless she’s in distress and screaming you just sort of go with it.

Just as a guess I am going to say this is a good sign that she is becoming relaxed around you and willing to “let her hair down”.

That is one of those Very Happy and Excited with Life, Big Amazon Calls!
Far more will be coming as she feels ever more comfortable!
I have always loved a noise Amazon as it is a statement of their being Health and Happy.

Strongly recommend that you read with understanding (multiple times) while sitting close to your girl and at a comfortable level, the two threads at the TOP of the Amazon Forum! Target the first one: Understanding Amazon Body Language! Amazons believe that you already know it as with them, most of it is hardwire. It is aloud to your Amazon!!

The second one is more about loving and living with Amazons, but just as important!

Enjoy!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back