Blue hawk sisal rope safe

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I bought a 50ft blue hawk brand sisal rope from lowe's today and I'm now pretty sure it has preservatives in it. After looking all over the internet I found different sisal ropes that are natural and they say their bio degradable while the rope I bought doesn't say if it is or isn't :( Tomorrow I'm going to return it and buy a natural biodegradable rope from home depot. Kinda disappointing but I wanted to bring it home so I could start working on a round braid if it was safe while watching the Doctor Who premier with my friend. Even though there's a slim chance it may be safe the inconvenience of returning a $8 rope is not worth the heart break of risking my birds health/life.

Just letting everyone know about the blue hawk brand :( it's not worth the risk.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I went to home depot and bought the natural rope, after opening it and comparing it to the rope I got from Lowes I don't think it is completely natural D: It's slightly darker in color and smells a little. It sucks that none of these rope brands have any contact information I can call, I've looked all over the internet too and it must be a name brand and not the company name itself.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i bought some sisal rope from home depot. i dont have it right now but tomoro i can give you the name:)

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Has anyone found safe rope to work with?

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
The brand doesn’t give you much to go by, unfortunately! All sisal is ‘natural! Most of it has been treated!
Also try Hobby Lobby! Remember your 50% coupon!

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
The brand doesn’t give you much to go by, unfortunately! All sisal is ‘natural! Most of it has been treated!
Also try Hobby Lobby! Remember your 50% coupon!
If I under correctly, though not all treatments are bad. The petroleum ones, obviously. I was hoping to find one without anything to make it easier

Most Reactions

Latest posts