Books for new Conure owners?

Rc4mx

Jun 11, 2022
Parrots
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hello everybody! I just placed a deposit on a Turquoise GCC and I'm so excited to have him/her home in a few weeks. Although I have been doing tons of research for a couple of months to decide if I wanted one, I would love if somebody could recommend a book that pretty much covers everything. Like diet, training, puberty, mating season, what to do during those times, body language, etc. I know that's a lot to cover but I'm sure there has to be something out there that touches most important topics that all Conure owners should be educated in.

Thanks for any help!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Not on conures, but a VERY Important book on parrot behavior is the book 'Guide to a well Behaved Parrot' by... (excuse me while i google the name)... Mattie Sue Athan is a Godsend. Helped me out so much with my conures! Not everything you'll agree with, but it's a good view with how parrots think and react to things.

OP
Rc4mx

Rc4mx

Jun 11, 2022
Parrots
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Not on conures, but a VERY Important book on parrot behavior is the book 'Guide to a well Behaved Parrot' by... (excuse me while i google the name)... Mattie Sue Athan is a Godsend. Helped me out so much with my conures! Not everything you'll agree with, but it's a good view with how parrots think and react to things.
Thank you I will definitely look into this one!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I have just one book in English at home. And it is "Conures" by Mikki Moustaki. But honestly I'm not a fan of books because most of such information you can find on Internet and each book will be outdated in the future (ok, maybe such things like behavior, food doesn't really change, so the most important parts shouldn't be outdated even in such old book like I mentioned, prob taxonomy is the most often changed thing but this knowledge is totally unnecessary for owning a bird)

stephenst4470

Oct 17, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Lovebird
Budgie
I know this is an older thread, but "My Parrot, My Friend" is an excellent read for all parrot owners.

Most Reactions

Latest posts