Boomer is a Monster

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Upon closer scrutiny in the first pic, I see Boomer is nestled in the shirt...and you're in the shirt. I thought he was sitting in a nest of shredded shirt. Lmao! If I ever let my conure that close to my nipple it would be an ugly scene haha! He's learned that nipple bites get immediate attention. It's a good thing Boomer is focused on the shirt. :)

OP
BoomBoom

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Kalidasa: Boomer's done his fair share of nipple bites! He's done it maybe 2 or 3 times, I noticed when he gets too excited. One time, I yelled "OOOWWW!!!" so loud, he shot out from within my shirt, flew back to his cage, then flew back to me and crawled down my shirt to hide. Talk about confused. He knows it's a no-no now so I'm not too worried when he's going his crocheting down there, haha!

Redpants: Glad you liked it. Can't wait to see what you come up with some day. Here's a link that I found helpful: Toxic and Safe Plants/Trees for Birds - Household Poisons

On the dracaena, I haven't heard it called dragon plant or tree before. But you are right, Kali, there are a lot of Dracaena varieties out there. I think most, if not all, are parrot safe. The bamboo water plant, though looks like a dracaena, isn't and is actually toxic. I bought tons before thinking they were of dracaena variety. I still have them around the apartment, but in vases that makes it impossible for Boomer to chew on them.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts