Brand New

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
We added to our flock. He looks older than a few months.

Attachments

• new-20220702_113514.jpg
    new-20220702_113514.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 58

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
We added to our flock. He looks older than a few months.
I think you're right, he does look a little older to me too. But very sweet! Congratulations on the new flock mate - have you worked out a name yet?

OP
ctwo

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
I had a fruit theme going on, and likewise thought of blueberry and blackberry, or just blue or black.

Looks like he's going to be Rocket.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I had a fruit theme going on, and likewise thought of blueberry and blackberry, or just blue or black.

"Rocket" sounds perfectly fine to me - he looks like a little "Pocket Rocket"! :)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I am simply leaving the expression in the above thread alone....I get +1 for that guys.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I am simply leaving the expression in the above thread alone....I get +1 for that guys.
I was referring to the definition of a "Pocket Rocket" being a small but energetic person, or in this case a budgie. No other definition was meant and my apologies to you ctwo if any other was implied 🙏

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Yeah I think in this case it's safe to assume the Australian posting meant the Australian definition....

He's adorable with all his stripeys on his wings! What a lucky little guy to join your family!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).

Most Reactions