Budgemom-to-be, incoming!

Pudgerigar

Dec 21, 2015
Howdy! I'm London, now known as Pudgerigar (yes, pudgie works, too).

I live in North Charleston, South Carolina with my fiancé, a computer scientist with a fresh Ph.D. I'm new to this state (previously from Louisiana and Florida) as well as these forums, haha. I have lots of free time (she works, I don't), a sudden jump in funds, and a big, bright, sunny, sky-blue room, so I figured it would be a good time to act on my longtime wish for a budgie and my current need for activity and companionship.

I'm joining up because it's always always a good idea to have a community on hand when you're new to something, and next month is when I hope I'll be getting my first bird.

Also, bird-breeding and web design are apparently not skills often found in the same person, and breeder websites were giving me a headache, so I figured it would be better to source opinions from y'all!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :greenyellow: !

OP
P

Pudgerigar

Dec 21, 2015
Ha! There's more rain in south SC than even back in Baton Rouge/New Orleans! But I like it, so that works fine. Hoping to move back to the Tampa Bay area in three years when my girl's contract is up. Did you know I used to think Budgies were native to Florida? Apparently the neighborhood I grew up in in St Pete has been home to flocks of escaped budgies since the 1930's. I only realized why I had been so surprised to find they were Australian once the wiki on them mentioned the St Pete population. What a coincidence!

Thank y'all!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello there, London! Welcome to the forums.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi London and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined us and I look forward to hearing about your new bird when he/she comes home:)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi London! Welcome. Budgies are great little birds, looking forward to hearing about yours!

Most Reactions