Budgie cere colour change, please help!

sal

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my 6 month budgie started to have some colour changes on his cere. I thought this is normal as heā€™s approaching maturity but today I noticed the colour doesnā€™t look normal and has 2 shades (blue at the top and brownish at the bottom).
Have you guys seen this before? Should I be concerned?
This is a recent photo:
F581-FF4-D-355-E-47-DD-A4-E8-D5-E9011-F47-F9.jpg

Thank you!
Best-
Sal

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It was inauguration day, so we have had less traffic on the site.

Welcome to the forum.
I think..its time fir a vet visit.
Girls can have their cere turn brown ...but I see some red....and there is brown staining of the feathers above the nostrils that can indicate a respiratory infection.

If this is a boy then this is very abnormal. You will need to see an avain veterinarian.

What does he est? And do nit add vitamin to tge water, it can rot and make them sick, or over dose on vitamin can make them sick
https://www.littlecrittersvet.com/sick-birds.pml

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
Iā€™d be on the phone with an avian certified vet ASAP. Make sure to tell them there is staining on feathers above the cere.

With birds you cannot wait. I know from personal experience how something that looks a little off can actually be much worse than it initially looks. It sounds a bit dramatic...but birds are fragile and hide illness and injury until they canā€™t. Itā€™s something that is hardwired into them.

Do you have a before photo? Iā€™d love to see him at his best, I bet heā€™s absolutely beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts