Budgie Loss Support

SandmanHDdddddd

Oct 1, 2021
Canada
Parrots
Parakeets
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. I apologize for being a bummer but I wanted some advice.

I was a proud owner of two pairs of parakeets who grew up together (8 Years old). Unfortunately, last night we noticed one of the males wasn't doing too well and we took him to an exotic bird vet and he had to be put down. Obviously, everyone is very sad currently.

My question was for his female partner. She's been looking for him and calling out and stuff (that's the part that gets me every time) and I just wanted advice on how I can help and make it easier or better for her? The three of them are cohabitating in the same cage.
Just wanted everyone else's input on here. I'd much appreciate it.

Thank you.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm so sorry! It's so sad when we lose a feathered family member. They do form strong bonds, and despite their small size, budgies are very intelligent. Just as you are, and maybe more so, your girl is mourning. She knows he went away, and didn't return, so justifiably is calling and looking for him. Sending feathered hugs and prayers for you and your little one to find comfort in a difficult time.

OP
SandmanHDdddddd

SandmanHDdddddd

Oct 1, 2021
Canada
Parrots
Parakeets
I'm so sorry! It's so sad when we lose a feathered family member. They do form strong bonds, and despite their small size, budgies are very intelligent. Just as you are, and maybe more so, your girl is mourning. She knows he went away, and didn't return, so justifiably is calling and looking for him. Sending feathered hugs and prayers for you and your little one to find comfort in a difficult time.
thank you, we appreciate it.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry for your loss, SandmanHDdddddd. It's doubly distressing to see your sweet little girlie clearly missing her lifelong companion so much, it certainly does tug at the heart strings! But it's good to know she is beginning to adjust to his absence. What a blessed life your little birdies live to be so loved and cherished by a parront like you. Warmest of feathered hugs to you and your babies, I'm so glad you found us. :)🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts