Budgie scaly feet?

Joph

Jul 24, 2021
Hi all,

I've recently gotten a blue male budgie a few days ago (already had a yellow female one for a couple of months already). We noticed that the blue budgie feet looks dry, rough and scaly compared to my yellow budgie.

Does anyone knows if this is normal? I've attached the image below.

IMG-7352.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Have no background with Budgies, but tons of knowledge regarding Parrot feet and those are not standard flacking.

Recommend that you get your new Budgie into see an Avian Medical Professional as there are several possibilities and a couple of them are transmutable.

With hope a Budgie Pro will comment, but in the mean time, you should be activity seek an Avian Professional.

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Awe! Sounds like Sailboat gave sound advice. I did a quick search and multiple reasons popped up including mites! I?d definitely keep him away from your current bird. Thank you for you adopting and rescuing him! Petstores around my area do not seem to give birds and small animals vet care. If you can?t find a vet to see you one may see you virtually with covid a lot of places started doing telehealth for people and animals!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts