so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This is kinda hard to watch. And even worse to read the details but.
I think itā€™s important to be on your guard at all times.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

This is heartbreaking. I hope that they are able to get their baby back, although I fear she may already have been sold. Even at that, hopefully the person who has her would do the right thing.

Several years ago, some teens stole a CAG from a man's front porch here and they killed him. The details are terrible so I won't go into detail about it.

I'm thankful at least that the men in this case were more than likely motivated by greed, and that means that her bird is more than likely still alive.
Praying she finds her way home.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Isnā€™t there a parrot store in the LA area who had a DYH Amazon and a few greys stolen too?! Let me find the info.

A1E98C21-3742-423E-A8B5-9B661D86E902.png

Stealing pets is honestly despicable. I know a lot of folks have hit on hard times lately, but thereā€™s never an excuse for animal cruelty.

Last edited:
OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Isnā€™t there a parrot store in the LA area who had a DYH Amazon and a few greys stolen too?! Let me find the info.

View attachment 48617

Stealing pets is honestly despicable. I know a lot of folks have hit on hard times lately, but thereā€™s never an excuse for animal cruelty.
I didnā€™t know about that.
My wife and I visited the store some years ago.
It was so loud with cockatooā€™s screaming we both got migraine headaches from it.
Before we moved to the high desert we lived one block away from Redondo beach Blvd.

at least it sounds like the place but they had lots of birds.

The mom/pops pet shop near me had some birds stolen too.

to tell the truth itā€™s one of the reasons our house is nearly never empty of humans

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This is heartbreaking. I hope that they are able to get their baby back, although I fear she may already have been sold. Even at that, hopefully the person who has her would do the right thing.

Several years ago, some teens stole a CAG from a man's front porch here and they killed him. The details are terrible so I won't go into detail about it.

I'm thankful at least that the men in this case were more than likely motivated by greed, and that means that her bird is more than likely still alive.
Praying she finds her way home.
Anyone, even a minor, who would kill a parrot like that should be very harshly punished. Physically. I feel ill just thinking about such an evil act! šŸ˜«šŸ¤®šŸ˜­

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Anyone, even a minor, who would kill a parrot like that should be very harshly punished. Physically. I feel ill just thinking about such an evil act! šŸ˜«šŸ¤®šŸ˜­
I wish you hadn't mentioned this heinous act in this forum. We all know that humans are capable of such things without being reminded! I wasn't exaggerating my reaction- it's past midnight and I can't sleep because I get the imagery out of my mind long enough to get some rest. Was it really necessary?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)

AWESOME NEWS!

They got her back!!!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
God reading this whole thread is making me feel physically sick. This is so enraging and heartbreaking and fear inducing, I dunno how to describe my emotions other than anger and disgust and heartbreak. I want those thieves and cruel humans to go to prison and meet bubbles. (You donā€™t wanna meet bubbles)

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Thatā€™s great news.
So glad they got there Luna back.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I wish you hadn't mentioned this heinous act in this forum. We all know that humans are capable of such things without being reminded! I wasn't exaggerating my reaction- it's past midnight and I can't sleep because I get the imagery out of my mind long enough to get some rest. Was it really necessary?
I'm sorry if you were unable to sleep after reading my post.
If it reminds one parront not to leave their bird alone outside, then yes, I think it's a necessary reminder that worse things can happen to a bird besides being stolen and sold.

AWESOME NEWS!

They got her back!!!

This is so wonderful, thank you for updating this, Tyler!

Most Reactions

Latest posts