Cage set up for Quaker with spinal deformity

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have not been able to find any 36x24 cages that are that short, and the vet specifically said theyā€™d do better in a cage with less height? Where are these two foot tall bird cages?

Kind of surprised though about the dimensions - our Amazonā€™s cage is an A&E dome top whose ā€œpracticalā€ dimensions are about 32x22? He is a much larger bird than a Quaker.
View attachment 49308
I'll try to find one specifically. Not sure how to share the image and info. Yaheetech has one that's 38x18x21 which pretty close. Its on a rolling stand and has a removable divider. It comes in a two "story" and a single "story" version and it comes in white and black for about $128.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I'll try to find one specifically. Not sure how to share the image and info. Yaheetech has one that's 38x18x21 which pretty close. Its on a rolling stand and has a removable divider. It comes in a two "story" and a single "story" version and it comes in white and black for about $128.
Ah, thatā€™s similar dimensions to the Pawhut one isnā€™t it? Thatā€™s the main one we are leaning toward!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Ah, thatā€™s similar dimensions to the Pawhut one isnā€™t it? Thatā€™s the main one we are leaning toward!
Right. It appears that many online retailers sell this same cage. At least four sell it through Amazon for prices ranging from about $90 to about $150.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Thanks for all the help and info everyone! The little guy spent the night at our house, but I realized I think I need to take a step back and focus on our current crew of critters. He was really sweet and chatty, but had a lot going on (apparently in spite of being six or seven, heā€™d still been fed hand feeding formula?! He kept begging us to feed him and we had to redirect him to his food, which he did eat with gusto). Heā€™s going to go with a foster who already has a Quaker he can see and maybe socialize with.

Kirby seems pleased that I have finally realized heā€™s the only bird for me. šŸ˜… He enjoys parrot play dates, but doesnā€™t seem too keen on one in his domain long-term. I think I need to accept this and also that if he is happy I should be too. Heā€™s grinding his beak as I type this.

Most Reactions