HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hello everyone .
I recently rescued a 1yr old male budgie. I?ve named him Peter. For now I?m keeping him indoors until I find him a male friend that he can buddy up with and they can both go in the aviary with my 2 male cockatiels. (Providing there is no bullying of course!)
So, I found a budgie in Melbourne that I was going to collect on Saturday. But now someone has messaged me about another budgie they?d like to rehome to me. So now I?m torn.. Who should I get?! Or can I house 3 boys together, or would that be too many males and cause fighting? I don?t have any females as I do not want to breed.

:)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
More troubles may cause that there would be 3 budgies in general than the fact they all are males. I've heard that number 3 is often the worst possible combination - two of them may become friends and the 3rd one may want to fight to get a friend too.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

More troubles may cause that there would be 3 budgies in general than the fact they all are males. I've heard that number 3 is often the worst possible combination - two of them may become friends and the 3rd one may want to fight to get a friend too.

Thank you for your response. I did think that about being 3, A trio of most animals usually causes trouble with one being left out.
Im thinking I will stick with the original one I was going to get, but possibly get the other the week after! (If he hasn?t gone to another home). And if trouble brews.. well I?ll just have to get him a friend too. Looks like I?m going to need a much larger aviary :D
I?m glad to hear that I can possibly keep many boys together.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Two is company, But three is a crowd.. One of those very old sayings that seem to have meaning for what seem like forever. And, just too screw with old sayings. Sometimes a crowd is just what is needed. :D

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Haha, very true!
I have decided to just get the one for now. I’m being silly considering having 3 at the moment. Of course I’d make it work space wise, if I did. But ideally 2 budgies and my 2 ‘tiels is enough for now. And they all need to make friends yet :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hi Hannah!! I know nothing about budgies but want to welcome Peter!! Hope you get some good advice for placing him and others into your aviary with the boys.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Hi Hannah!! I know nothing about budgies but want to welcome Peter!! Hope you get some good advice for placing him and others into your aviary with the boys.

Hello Scott! Nice to hear from you :)
I?ll post some photos of Peter and his new friend (who I?m picking up tomorrow) at the weekend!

Most Reactions

Latest posts