Can you identify these species?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
There are 3 different species of parakeets in this aviary.
Can you identify them?

20240115_172140.jpg

I'd expect everyone to know who the little ones are so I'll only give you 5 points for identifying them.

20240115_172038.jpg

I'll give you 35 points if you can identify these guys. I'll give you a clue, there from the same country as the little ones are from.

20240115_172046.jpg

60 points is on offer if you can id those green birds. I must admit I don't know what they are. If you look closely you can see that one has a more yellowish face with a red mark on its throat, probably the male. They have those pinkish socks just like my princess parrot does and they have that same build and shape so I'm thinking they're related.

So all up there are 100 points on offer.
How many can you score 🙂

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I see budgies in there. I think a few of them are brotogeris species. They're familiar anyways :)
I had a closer look at the Brotogeris parrots and I don't think they're the ones. In pics I see the brotogeris have a white ring around the eye and I don't see that red throat marking on them either. Also it's body shape is different

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
There's also a brendant? I don't think it's spelled right. I tried looking them up but couldn't find them.

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
There's also a brendant? I don't think it's spelled right. I tried looking them up but couldn't find them.
Maybe the spelling is wrong.
I'm hoping someone can get them all right, I'm curious to know what those green ones are, I think they're Aussie as well

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
There's budgies, Regent parakeet/rock pebbler, and the others look to be female/immature Superb Parakeets to me.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
There are 3 different species of parakeets in this aviary.
Can you identify them?

View attachment 57217

I'd expect everyone to know who the little ones are so I'll only give you 5 points for identifying them.

View attachment 57218

I'll give you 35 points if you can identify these guys. I'll give you a clue, there from the same country as the little ones are from.

View attachment 57219

60 points is on offer if you can id those green birds. I must admit I don't know what they are. If you look closely you can see that one has a more yellowish face with a red mark on its throat, probably the male. They have those pinkish socks just like my princess parrot does and they have that same build and shape so I'm thinking they're related.

So all up there are 100 points on offer.
How many can you score 🙂
MONK PARAKEETS BOOM 65 NOW

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
No Broto's in this picture. Same size as budgies and they have short tails like 'zons, and they are from the New World, not down under. And no monk (quaker) parrots either.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I see some budgies, and I'm thinking the darker ones are possible Barrabands?

Most Reactions

Latest posts