Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
That's some moves... pirouettes, bras bas, chaines.

Bravo!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I love how Zons swing their heads when they dance :).Caboose my Caique must like "Prince".They always had his songs playing after he passed.Caboose seems to know them:)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I love how Zons swing their heads when they dance :).Caboose my Caique must like "Prince".They always had his songs playing after he passed.Caboose seems to know them:)

Kiwi also likes Prince. He likes most music. Some of the cheesy 90's boy band music though, well he must've listened to it when he was younger because he breaks out into full on dance-mode. I'd play it more often if I wasn't 150% certain our neighbors already find us weird enough:p

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Kiwi also likes Prince. He likes most music. Some of the cheesy 90's boy band music though, well he must've listened to it when he was younger because he breaks out into full on dance-mode. I'd play it more often if I wasn't 150% certain our neighbors already find us weird enough:p

Talent runs strong in your household. Our DYHA likely has two left feet when it comes to dancing moves, but does have some body waves and head bobs that leaves me far behind! Its the sing a long that he enjoys with my dear wife. My voice is so low that I just get starred at!

As always, great pics and video of Kiwi the Great!

Hey, we had been at the family cottage over the weekend and some Canada Honkers came over low and slow and Julio when into is Canada Honk thing and it looked like they had second thoughts and landed in the lake close by.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Talent runs strong in your household. Our DYHA likely has two left feet when it comes to dancing moves, but does have some body waves and head bobs that leaves me far behind! Its the sing a long that he enjoys with my dear wife. My voice is so low that I just get starred at!

As always, great pics and video of Kiwi the Great!

Kiwi doesn't sing or even vocalize in any way remotely resembling song. His musical appreciation comes through dance. He slows down for slower music, picks up the pace for faster music... very cute. Wish I could catch him on camera more often, but he typically stopes as soon as I get the phone out and we don't always listen to forum appropriate music;) (and no one wants to hear me sing, except maybe Kiwi:p lol

Hey, we had been at the family cottage over the weekend and some Canada Honkers came over low and slow and Julio when into is Canada Honk thing and it looked like they had second thoughts and landed in the lake close by.

Dang it, wouldn't let me post a GIF:(

Sounds about right though, if I were a goose getting honked at by a zon, I too would assume it was some kind of trap:eek: Though, I'm sure if Julio is anything like Kiwi, he has no bad intentions toward the geese and just wants to be friends with them:D

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahaha! Go, Kiwi! Busting some moves!

It always amazes me wen a bird suddenly breaks out in dance! Apparently music and rhythm really are universal!

And btw, I'm impressed that you can actually keep a curtain within reach of Kiwi's beak! That would've been little more than confetti in my household! We have an understanding, you see. They don't go looking for curtains to destroy, but anything left within reach of their cages or tree stands is definitely fair game!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Hahaha! Go, Kiwi! Busting some moves!

It always amazes me wen a bird suddenly breaks out in dance! Apparently music and rhythm really are universal!

And btw, I'm impressed that you can actually keep a curtain within reach of Kiwi's beak! That would've been little more than confetti in my household! We have an understanding, you see. They don't go looking for curtains to destroy, but anything left within reach of their cages or tree stands is definitely fair game!

Kiwi doesn't really bother fabric. He seems to have a good grasp of what he is and isn't suppose to chew. When the curtain first went up, he ran over and "licked" it a little just to see what it was and if the plants were real, but hasn't bothered it since. He would however fiddle with the programmable thermostat with chewy little buttons inconveniently located behind the curtain (just because he KNOWS he's not suppose to touch such things doesn't mean I wouldn't put it past him to chew every one of those buttons off;)). Best to keep the thermostat out of sight and out of mind.

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Kiwi's just getting warmed up! Cracks me up how they become self-conscious when a camera is used. Even a smartphone seems to make them shy at times!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Kiwi's just getting warmed up! Cracks me up how they become self-conscious when a camera is used. Even a smartphone seems to make them shy at times!

Does make you have to wonder if they do feel some similar emotion to "embarrassment" in certain situations and have some level of understanding they are being watched extra close while doing something "embarrassing" (not sure if they would comprehend what a camera does but may understand they are being scrutinized more than usual). Kiwi never seems to mind hamming it up for the camera or phone in some situations, so he obviously isn't afraid of the device itself, but in other situations he just freezes up as soon as he sees me reaching for the phone or taking the camera out of the case but continues what he was doing if I pick up a different object:20: Really makes one wonder, especially as smart as parrots are;)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Excellent dance video, Kiwi!

Thank you, April! Quite the little performer you have there!

Most Reactions