Chicken and Tiki

OP
OutlawedSpirit

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Chicken's vocabulary and willingness to talk has definitely increased lately. Not only has she added new words like "little mutt", which is what we call one of our dogs, but she's gone from simple phrases "good chicken" to more complex phrases "you're a good chicken".

This morning, though, she actually used words to interact with me, which is a huge first. I offered her my hand and asked if she wanted to come out. She touched the tip of her beak to my fingers and said "touch". Then I touched the tip of her beak and she again said "touch". That helps to reinforce that she definitely knows what touch means. I will admit I keep going over to her cage and offering her my hand just to hear her say it. And she keeps saying it, every time she touches my hand to push it away because she doesn't want out yet. She never wants out really early in the morning, after breakfast is talking time, and she likes to finish talking time before she comes out.

Most Reactions

Latest posts