Chili peppers..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
.. Amy is a difficult one to please as far as food goes..along with other things I give him peppers of different flavors/colors. Green and red and yellow..sometimes I buy whole peppers sometimes I buy a pre-made plastic container with diced peppers,only to find them on his basement floor or on the grass in his front yard :mad:
Went shopping the other day and saw chili peppers..Thinking back on how the Rickey Bird can't live without them I bought 6...just to see.
I cut one into quarters and put in Amys bowl and checked a little later expecting to find them in his basement..There were no remnants in his bowl,couldn't find anything in his basement either. looked around his front yard and found just a small piece of SKIN..What the?? did he actually EAT them?

Yesterday morning I gave him some more. He was on his playpen and I had a piece in my fingers. He RAN (if Amazons "run") to me to take it from my fingers..he only does that with banana's lol

So thank-you Ms Gail and Rickey Bird for the idea lol. i may have found something he'll eat and not throw away.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio believes that there is a difference between red and green ones. He will only eat them if they are green. Aaa, the joy of natural selection! Rickeybird to the rescue!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Julio believes that there is a difference between red and green ones. He will only eat them if they are green. Aaa, the joy of natural selection! Rickeybird to the rescue!

'Boats Amy is like that with grapes...green ones get flung,red ones get munched on,big purple ones get the hairy eyeball..funny..it was vice-verse with Smokey lol.

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim, try jalapeno and ghost peppers too. The hotter the better. Salty loves them!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I have Al...he's not a big fan of either..since Beebs will try anything I gave him a piece of ghosts..one bite and the poor boy screamed and shook his head...too hot i guess :eek:

Jim

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I have Al...he's not a big fan of either..since Beebs will try anything I gave him a piece of ghosts..one bite and the poor boy screamed and shook his head...too hot i guess :eek:

Jim

Oh poor Beebs! Maybe he needs to come live with his Auntie Inger where he won’t be so horribly mistreated [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions