Chip and Stilts

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I noticed some have horses and wanted to share mine with everyone too. Chip is my 14 year old blue blooded quarter horse. He was bred to be a western champion and had the bloodline to make it happen but......can't do western to save his life. Showed him as a hunter when he was 4-5 and he has been a nice expensive lawn ornament for the last 9 years.

These are some pics from when he was 4-5.

Chip is the one under the sign that says Devon Horse Show.

And these are from the last 6 months or so.

Don't be deceived by the pics... he is a huge brat..

And this is my big mare Stilts that I had to put down May 2012. She was 87 inches long and 17.1 hands. Bred to be a dressage and jumper champion and she moved like one naturally but never trained her. She was a gentle giant and a family member I miss everyday.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah I have a couple more of her. Some of the better ones are in print and not sure what happened to the digital copies. I unfortunately don't have nearly as many of her as I do of Chip. I do have one of her trotting where it looks like she's not even touching the ground. So one really good photo of her in the box of animal photos!

Oh and a funny one of Chip... this is at a show where neither of us wanted to be there... so we knocked over a pole, went the wrong direction in one jumping course, lost a stirrup, and refused a jump... still placed though. Only thing that didn't go wrong is that I stayed on the horse for the whole show haha

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back