“Chop”

NewQuakerMom

Apr 7, 2020
So I read about “chop” all the time but my birdie doesn’t like anything messy unless he makes the mess himself. So I just put veg all over his cage every day, inside and out. Some on bamboo shish -kebab skewers, some woven into his cage bars. I feed him whatever I’m eating by spoon before I start eating it (no people saliva, I know!) if it’s soup or veggie casserole or whatever but if it’s in a dish, and it’s wet, it’s just wasted. Is there a particular benefit to chopping his ‘salad’ vs giving it as big bits he can rip apart and shame all over my kitchen? I’ve tried many times over the year+ I’ve had him, and he just doesn’t like wet food in a dish. He is also strange in that he hates toys of all kinds - anything new, if it’s not food, it’s BAD! So I thought strewing veg all over would give him the enrichment he’s not getting from all the cute toys he’s so terrified of I had to hide them. Anyway, that’s been my thought process, but I look forward to hearing from ppl who know more about these little guys and gals! Thanks all!

Most Reactions