cockatiel has 2 dry cere's, help!!

rlk3259

Jan 4, 2008
My cockatiel has her cere's all dry, she isnt having any breathing problems and doesn't act at all ill, what can i doe for this beside moisture in the air and trying a damp q tip to get it loose?

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
What do you mean by dry? there isn't supposed to be gunk around them. Do they look blocked? You can take her into the bath room and steam it up really good.

OP
R

rlk3259

Jan 4, 2008
well, they look realy brown inside and they are abit swollen around the edges of the cere, but no discharge or she doesn't seem to having problems breathing, ive tried steaming up the bathroom and have boiled water in the house to get more moisture in here, we just moved to Oregon from florida and its cold and damp here and i thinkits from having the heat on all day. Should they be brown inside? In the past with other birds, they were not brown inside. Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Rick

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
my teals ceres are mostly redish with a bit brown. I would say just keep adding humidity and keeping her warm. You might take her to an avian vet because of the swelling, but make sure you find a good one or you could end up paying alot of money for nothing to get done.

Most Reactions