Cockatiel splayed feet?

OP
F

featherfriend977

Sep 13, 2020
I am not sure if I can ever recover from this pain...it hurts so much and I donโ€™t know what to do. Roco was my child. Everything we did, we did together. Every little thing reminds me of me and I canโ€™t stop getting flashbacks of him calling my name, chirping and screaming for me when he wanted food or to play. Every single day when I came home, he would immediately start screaming and chirping looking at me. My house is so empty now. I did not have the courage to throw his stuff away. My sweet baby....I bought a new cage and his favourite toys for him. The cage is decorated still and seeing it empty everyday is a bitter reminder for me.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
it does hurt so very much....
My Neptune escape 4 months ago, and I still cry everyday...
The only thing thst helps is sharing on this forum
You can go to the bereavement forum, and share happy stories and pictures if you want , or just share the pain .

You have had a big shock with the rapid loss of two parrots, its beyond sad and terrible. We here understand the deep greif either have gone through it, or just thinking what the loss of our feathered family would be like.
I wish I knew better what to say.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am not sure if I can ever recover from this pain...it hurts so much and I donโ€™t know what to do. Roco was my child. Everything we did, we did together. Every little thing reminds me of me and I canโ€™t stop getting flashbacks of him calling my name, chirping and screaming for me when he wanted food or to play. Every single day when I came home, he would immediately start screaming and chirping looking at me. My house is so empty now. I did not have the courage to throw his stuff away. My sweet baby....I bought a new cage and his favourite toys for him. The cage is decorated still and seeing it empty everyday is a bitter reminder for me.

Please know there is no timeline for grieving, let our emotions flow and share with those closest to you. You will never forget Roco and Reese, they will always be in your heart. Over time - and it may take a while - their bright thoughts will outshine the deep despair.

May I suggest you make no immediate decisions about the cage and toys. If you ever wish to reuse, the cage can be thoroughly disinfected, though the toys may become keepsakes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts