Cockatiel wing feathers

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello guys, hope you are having a good day! So, my cockatiel had a night fright in his cage and his wing feathers came out. He struggles to fly, after trying to fly i can see from his eyes that he is in pain. When i put him in the cage he looks normal! I will post some photos so you understand better!
Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• CFD221B8-589A-4A8E-BC67-0A5143B8C707.jpeg
    CFD221B8-589A-4A8E-BC67-0A5143B8C707.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 70

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
SOunds like he might have bumped a pin feather with his Night Fright and that's why he looks like he's in pain. Do you see any blood on his wings? The lost feathers are normal. It's a natural reaction to shed feathers, especially if they're molting, when frightened.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Oh no! Poor birdie! If he looks fine, I don't think you have to worry. I think he is just freaked out that he lost his feathers and is unable to fly, still a good idea to keep an eye on him.

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
SOunds like he might have bumped a pin feather with his Night Fright and that's why he looks like he's in pain. Do you see any blood on his wings? The lost feathers are normal. It's a natural reaction to shed feathers, especially if they're molting, when frightened.
Oh no! Poor birdie! If he looks fine, I don't think you have to worry. I think he is just freaked out that he lost his feathers and is unable to fly, still a good idea to keep an eye on him.
Hello there :)
I took him to the vet he said its all good, the vet said its natural for a bird to lose feathers, thankfully no blood was shown, he just got stressed up, thanks for your info have a good day :)

Most Reactions