Cold Feet

zarajA76

Aug 25, 2022
Parrots
Indian ring neck and cockatiel
Hey, I have a 13 year old male Indian ring neck and he just came with me to college after moving states. We went from the Westcoast to the Midwest, so it’s a pretty drastic climate change. Not only that he went from being an inside and outside bird to an only inside bird. Him and my other bird a 2 year old male cockatiel have been faring quite well, as in they are both still energetic when I’m around and are eating and drinking and preening as usual. I’m just worried because my Ringneck has cold feet, is it because if the stress of the move? Should I take him to a vet? There’s a time change too but I don’t think 2 hours are much. My unit is pretty cool temped as well so is it due to them staying inside? I’m just worried and don’t want him to be too stressed… please help and advise.

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I use a heated perch wrapped in vet wrap and a radiant heat. They have access to these heat elements all season because of ac in the summer and cold winters. If they do not want heat then they do not perch or move away from the heat. My one IRN has just a heated perch with vet wrap so she has grip. I originally got the heated perch for her ankle and foot therapy. The perch heat is a low heat .. like a heating pad on low. The only issue I have is that the heated perches will stop working. All my birds love the perch and I can tell the perch stop working when I see the birds are not using it.

Hope this helps

Most Reactions

Latest posts