Color Mutation Expectation

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
Just because I'm curious I have to ask.

I have a pair of Gcc that came already bonded. I really have no intention of breeding so I'm doing everything I can to discourage it, but it makes me wonder what I would get color wise.

Mira- Female - Yellow Sided/Dilute
Physically Yellow Sided
Mother - Dilute -Physically
Father - Cinnamon/Yellow Sided
Physically Cinnamon

Lucian- Male - Turquoise/Yellow Sided/Cinnamon
Physically- Normal Turquoise
Mother- Cinnamon Turquoise - Physically
Father - Turquoise/Yellow Sided/Cinnamon
Not sure of Physical appearance

Does anyone know what color mutation I could get from these two? I'm honestly just curious.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
From that mix you could get:
Normal greens of both genders
Yellow sided both genders
Cinnamon females
Pineapple(cinnamon and yellow sided together) females
And birds split to dilute and/or turquoise.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I am interested to know where you found a dilute? Those are not extremely common right now in the USA. I am interested in producing mint gccs in the future (2 or more years from now) and am in the process of narrowing down where I would like to aquire my birds.

OP
LoveMyConlan

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
I sent you a PM with the breeder info for where I got mine . she had dilutes for sale :)

Most Reactions