Conure Screams, loudness, and contact calls

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I know a lot of people are interested in the more colorful conures. Suns, and jendays I’ve been around for years. I wanted to post a video for everyone so that way people understand how loud conures can be. My Jenday is a little bird but her calls are as loud as some of the larger parrots. I just wanted to make sure anyone looking into getting one of these conures that they fully understand what they are getting into.

Littlechris123

Aug 18, 2021
Media
Worksop nottinghamshire
Parrots
Pineapple conure
I know a lot of people are interested in the more colorful conures. Suns, and jendays I’ve been around for years. I wanted to post a video for everyone so that way people understand how loud conures can be. My Jenday is a little bird but her calls are as loud as some of the larger parrots. I just wanted to make sure anyone looking into getting one of these conures that they fully understand what they are getting into.
View attachment 32558
My matya same and i love it im a noisey loud person so we make a good match lol

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am so used to loud bird sounds that I'd be calling a vet thinking something was very wrong if either of my birds went quiet. I just know when I bought my conure years ago that the pet store didn't warn me of her loud constant contact calling. I lived in a apartment at the time. The man who lived below me kept calling the building management about a loud bird outside his window. They cut down a tree thinking the loud bird was nesting in it outside of our apartments ha ha ha. I was moving out within a few months, and I didn't want to rehome my conure. I kept that little secret. Whoops... It was just a little teeny tiny itty bitty fib.

Most Reactions

Latest posts