CONURE THREAD

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Here is my room-mate of 40 years, the Rickeybird. He is self-centered, obnoxious, mean as a rattlesnake, ruins any social occasion by screaming "NO!" at about 120 decibels, and is the love of my life. Thanks for an occasion to brag about his charms.

perch.jpg

OP
Mya the ringneck

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
Here is my room-mate of 40 years, the Rickeybird. He is self-centered, obnoxious, mean as a rattlesnake, ruins any social occasion by screaming "NO!" at about 120 decibels, and is the love of my life. Thanks for an occasion to brag about his charms.

View attachment 58659
Yeah, Very "charming" bird you got there

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
This is Phoenix, got him from a bird only store in Vancouver, Washington. They had about 25 different baby birds at the time, early June. I went in 2 days in a row and he was the only one to climb out of the big shallow plastic tote they were in to see me, so apparently I was his human.View attachment 58600View attachment 58601View attachment 58602View attachment 58603
Sadly it came down to keeping Phoenix or keeping my apartment. He was with me for three years.
I know we talked about me taking Phoenix. Whatever happened to him? Did he end up with someone you know so you can still see him? I do my best to advocate on behalf of parrots when it comes to apartments. My husband & I in our 20’s were living in an apartment when we first got our Jenday. She was fine until the apartment complex got a lot of complaints. We also got a lot of notes on our door. We were looking at buying a house 6 months after getting her. So we did our best to keep her “quiet”. We got so lucky we didn’t have to give her up.

I’m so sorry to hear about Phoenix! I hope he’s doing well.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I know we talked about me taking Phoenix. Whatever happened to him? Did he end up with someone you know so you can still see him? I do my best to advocate on behalf of parrots when it comes to apartments. My husband & I in our 20’s were living in an apartment when we first got our Jenday. She was fine until the apartment complex got a lot of complaints. We also got a lot of notes on our door. We were looking at buying a house 6 months after getting her. So we did our best to keep her “quiet”. We got so lucky we didn’t have to give her up.

I’m so sorry to hear about Phoenix! I hope he’s doing well.
He ended up with my daughter. She had some parakeets already, so he has new friends to play with. She lives in Spokane, Washington so quiet the drive from Portland. When I was still there. I didn't make any trips. Wanted him to settle in with them. Not to interfere with that process by going to see him.

I am now in the Philippines. So in time I'll get another parrot. At the moment in an apartment that has a no pets policy, even caged animals. Not sure if I'll step up to like a Scarlett Macaw or get another Sunny. Probably a Sunny again as they are so adorable, and a bit easier to care for than a big Mac.

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
I want to see everyone's conures so i made a thread for people to post their conures in and say something about them.
So if you own a conure of any kind, please reply with a picture and some things about your bird
Resized_Resized_20240315_122731.jpeg

This is mango! I went to a pet store last summer and he picked me. I would walk up to the cage and he would try to get to me as close as possible, so I could pet him. At the time I was not ready to get a bird. I would visit him every weekend. One weekend after I was visiting him I was on my way out and I heard the saddest chirp from him as I was walking out. I immediately turned around and got everything I need to take him home. I had other taken care of other birds (parakeets and doves) when I was younger but was a little nervous to take him in. The moment we got home it was an instant bond. Fast forward to now he is a silly, sassy, cuddle bug. He has taught me so many things in life. I love to watch him grow and show everyone his little personality. Thank you for starting a thread where I could brag a little about my sun conure!
*in the pic he was in this travel cage, we were on our way for a check up.

OP
Mya the ringneck

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
View attachment 58676
This is mango! I went to a pet store last summer and he picked me. I would walk up to the cage and he would try to get to me as close as possible, so I could pet him. At the time I was not ready to get a bird. I would visit him every weekend. One weekend after I was visiting him I was on my way out and I heard the saddest chirp from him as I was walking out. I immediately turned around and got everything I need to take him home. I had other taken care of other birds (parakeets and doves) when I was younger but was a little nervous to take him in. The moment we got home it was an instant bond. Fast forward to now he is a silly, sassy, cuddle bug. He has taught me so many things in life. I love to watch him grow and show everyone his little personality. Thank you for starting a thread where I could brag a little about my sun conure!
*in the pic he was in this travel cage, we were on our way for a check up.
It was the same with my Indian Ringneck, I walked into a small family owned pet store (now where i work) and saw her, she immediately came as close to the front of the cage as she could to greet me and i instantly fell in love with her. I knew right then i was going to get this bird, so i did.

I love your story on your sun conure. He is a beautiful/handsome bird.
He looks happy and healthy, and I'm sure is loving his life because he went home with the person he bonded to. I wish the best of luck to you and your amazing little bird.❤😁♥

bdmlpratt

Feb 12, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure & White Faced Cockatiel
I want to see everyone's conures so i made a thread for people to post their conures in and say something about them.
So if you own a conure of any kind, please reply with a picture and some things about your bird
This is Charlie, he is a rescue bird & was told that he is between 12-15 years old. They did not not know anything else about him. He has been with me for a little over 2 months now & not only will he callout constantly until I go over to his cage & let him hop on my shoulder but he is the sweetest most gentle bird that I have ever owned. As you can see in the photo I discovered while doing the dishes that he likes his bath! He can't fly which I was told that he can. He seems to be getting better with flight & hopefully it turns out that he is flighted. He seemed depressed at the rescue house but is so happy with my wife & me. He loves hiding in my wife's long hair!

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_123232706_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240218_123232706_HDR.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 4

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I think most active members here already know my Queen Ona! Here thread is here if you haven't seen it :) https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/onas-thread.95301/ I love documenting her life ❤️

She is sweet, sassy, and oh so smart. I get compliments from everyone who meets her on how well behaved and social she is. She LOVES people. She is my best friend and I can't imagine my life without her.

img_6369-jpeg.58249

OP
Mya the ringneck

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
This is Charlie, he is a rescue bird & was told that he is between 12-15 years old. They did not not know anything else about him. He has been with me for a little over 2 months now & not only will he callout constantly until I go over to his cage & let him hop on my shoulder but he is the sweetest most gentle bird that I have ever owned. As you can see in the photo I discovered while doing the dishes that he likes his bath! He can't fly which I was told that he can. He seems to be getting better with flight & hopefully it turns out that he is flighted. He seemed depressed at the rescue house but is so happy with my wife & me. He loves hiding in my wife's long hair!
He is a very handsome conure, and looks very happy in his little bath.
I love the story behind him.
It is amzing to have people like you and your wife that will go and rescue a bird instead of just getting one from a pet store or a breeder.

OP
Mya the ringneck

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
I need to see more conures!!!😁❤

Beakaboo

Apr 11, 2024
Parrots
green cheek conure
Hopefully did this right, but this is my guy Chaos. Have only had him a couple weeks, but all ready love him to death.

He's in his starter (now spare/sleep cage) in bottom photo...had to wait for his new one to get here, but he's now having a blast in his new space. :D

Attachments

• 20240420_214120.jpg
    20240420_214120.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240412_100108.jpg
    20240412_100108.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240402_104802.jpg
    20240402_104802.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
Mya the ringneck

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
Hopefully did this right, but this is my guy Chaos. Have only had him a couple weeks, but all ready love him to death.

He's in his starter (now spare/sleep cage) in bottom photo...had to wait for his new one to get here, but he's now having a blast in his new space. :D
you have a beautiful GCC, I work with some everyday and absolutely love them.

Most Reactions