Conures mating but no eggs

Parrotlover2021

Aug 22, 2021
Parrots
Green ckeeked conures,cockatiels and indian ringneck,budgies
Hi! I have two 3 year old greencheejed conures,they have been mating around two months for now but female isnt laying any eggs,they have a big cage,big nest and nutrition and vitamins they need. What else i can do? They defienetly are pair-preening,sleeping together,mating. They went in nost only for few times.

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hi,

Mating is one part of the game, but the female might feel ready to ovulate. If there is something lacking just mating will not be enough as there will be no eggs to fertilize.

I have never had conures, so I guess someone here in the forum can give you a better advice. I know that lovebirds need to chew paper, cardboard or any other safe chewy material to fully develop hormonal conditions. Calcium supplement plays also a vital role to trigger reproduction, at least for the zebra finches my daughter has here, this was the missing piece. :)

OP
P

Parrotlover2021

Aug 22, 2021
Parrots
Green ckeeked conures,cockatiels and indian ringneck,budgies
I dont know what changed but today both conures are spending entiere evening in the nest😍

Most Reactions

Latest posts