Creating a room aviary - question

Luvbirdlover

Jul 1, 2021
I have two small indoor aviaries in a spare room, I'm going to turn it into a room aviary to give them more space.

The room gets too hot for them in summer so I need some way to open the doors and windows without letting the birds out. So I found fly/insect screens might be a good idea. I looked at the solid metal ones but they are way out of my budget. The flexible magnetic ones I found would fit and be good - but would it be bird proof? Safe to leave birds with it unsupervised? I'm not sure, mostly worried about if the birds could push it open. I have zebra finches, canaries, diamond doves and one budgie (not a destructive individual ) I plan on putting in there. Would that work?

oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
Oliver: Green Cheek Conure
I have two small indoor aviaries in a spare room, I'm going to turn it into a room aviary to give them more space.

The room gets too hot for them in summer so I need some way to open the doors and windows without letting the birds out. So I found fly/insect screens might be a good idea. I looked at the solid metal ones but they are way out of my budget. The flexible magnetic ones I found would fit and be good - but would it be bird proof? Safe to leave birds with it unsupervised? I'm not sure, mostly worried about if the birds could push it open. I have zebra finches, canaries, diamond doves and one budgie (not a destructive individual ) I plan on putting in there. Would that work?
Hm, I would probably find a screw-on screen because I have a little conure who can push open magnetic door-like things with no sweat. Definitely stick with screens, though. They work wonders.

egg_’n_oliver

Feb 18, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel.
Honestly, I just put Eggs cage in my room..β€”I’m not thinking of getting a whole intire room just for birds butβ€”maybe when I’m older, Idrk. Anyways, I hope you have a good luck with your bird room / room aviary!

Most Reactions

Latest posts