Cute Feel Good Movie - Paulie

LauraC

Aug 27, 2017
Southern California
Parrots
Fuji - Moustache Parakeet 6 yrs Old
I stumbled on an old movie from 1998 about a parrot and his escapades. The movie is called Paulie. If you havenโ€™t seen it yet, I found it On Demand. It was just what I needed after a hard week last week.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
yes it is a real cute movie.
On demand for what service?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Oh god. I donโ€™t remember much from that movie, just one scene that has me welling up as I type this. Donโ€™t know if I could handle it.

Last edited:

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Very touching movie. I think about 12 or 14 different individual birds were involved in portraying the character, because it covered different life stages but also more importantly different tricks and behaviours had to be exhibited. There was a wonderful article about it but I am not able to trace it .

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Very touching movie. I think about 12 or 14 different individual birds were involved in portraying the character, because it covered different life stages but also more importantly different tricks and behaviours had to be exhibited. There was a wonderful article about it but I am not able to trace it .
Yep - there were 14 differnet birds as Paulie;) It is also written on Wikipedia

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
It's the only movie I own. Yep, swear to God.

I do worry that it instills very unrealistic expectations... I mean, Paulie is a teacher, social activist, psychic, and counselor...
I worry that some dear souls will get a parrot hoping for some of those attributes, but, hey...
It *IS* a great movie. The only one I have. And I don't watch it unless I have time for a couple of good cries while viewing.

Yesss, I recommend it!!!!!

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
It's the only movie I own. Yep, swear to God.

I do worry that it instills very unrealistic expectations... I mean, Paulie is a teacher, social activist, psychic, and counselor...
I worry that some dear souls will get a parrot hoping for some of those attributes, but, hey...
It *IS* a great movie. The only one I have. And I don't watch it unless I have time for a couple of good cries while viewing.

Yesss, I recommend it!!!!!

Yes! The article I had read about this movie also echoed these sentiments. It was written approximately in the same era of the movie release and lamented the spiralling demand for Blue crowned conures and their subsequent abandonment in the two to three year span following the release of this movie.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
Oh such a beautiful movie! Thanks for bringing this back in my memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions