Daisy flies in paradise

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Hello all,
I'm writing to share a very sad news. For now I will leave you with a little story I wrote about her a few days after she passed because it's too painful to talk about it right now. Thank you for all the support and good advice you gave me as I was trying to help her in the past six months. It was a very devastating and dreadful thing to go through and I appreciate having this community while I went through it. Once I am ready, I will share more detailed information about her necrospy and histopathology which may help all of us in learning more about the health of our beloved birds. She will be in my heart forever. Thank you in advance to those who are here reading her story:

"This is a story of a beautiful little bird with a big courageous heart who fought for life until her last breath. She first began having digestive issues at the age of 11 months and was taken to the doctor for examination. During an x-ray, her wing was accidentally broken. She stayed at the hospital for five weeks while her wing healed, and unlike most birds, she did not attempt to take off her bandage. With patience and the help of a very kind doctor, her wing was perfectly healed and she was back home, flying all over the place once again in her usual joyful way. Then a month later, her digestion issues came back again. In the period of three months, Daisy visited the doctor regularly and stayed at the hospital overnight and other time to figure out exactly what the problem with her digestion was. Unfortunately however, her diagnosis remained uncertain. Then one day, on August 5, 2021, Daisy began feeling very ill and her human mommy took her to the hospital. She stayed there for three nights, weak and fragile. Her blood tests showed high levels of inflammation and low levels of red blood count, and her intestines were in a bad shape. She returned home after the third night as she was feeling slightly better and wanted to be with her human mommy. But both her human mommy and Daisy knew something was seriously wrong. Daisy knew that her energy was slowly disappearing so she wanted nothing more than to just cuddle with her human mommy and give her as many kisses as she possibly could. Then, three days later, she began to feel weaker and was taken to the hospital again. Her human mommy was crying a lot and she didn’t know why, but Daisy knew. After staying over at the hospital for another two days, the doctor called her human mommy and said that Daisy was looking “tired”. Her human mommy panicked and asked if she could go and see her, but the doctor told her that it wasn’t a good idea and that Daisy was feeling better than the night before. Then the next morning, three days after her second stay at the hospital, her human mommy woke up and felt a very painful feeling in her heart. Minutes later, the doctor called and told her that Daisy has vomited and that she couldn’t breathe. In a panic, Daisy’s human mommy rushed to the hospital as she spoke to Daisy on the phone, telling her to wait for her to get there. Her human mommy wanted nothing more than to be with her Daisy before her heart stopped, so she tried her best to talk in the sweetest possible voice to Daisy because she knew Daisy loved it when she spoke softly to her. The moment she arrived to the parking lot, Daisy’s heart stopped. Daisy waited for over an hour under an oxygen mask for her human companion to arrive, holding her last breath until she felt her presence. The doctor said to her human mommy that once Daisy had heard her on the speakers, her heart rate had calmed down immediately. She died peacefully. Her body was warm and soft as her human friend held Daisy gently for a final kiss goodbye. I will love you forever sweet baby. Thank you for teaching me to become a better human <3 Rest in Peace beautiful soul***February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021***

I used to call Daisy “Coronavirus Baby”, because she was born at the height of the coronavirus outbreak in 2020 and came to me in the middle of the initial onset of lockdown. At first I wasn’t sure if I should get her at such uncertain times, but it was indeed the best thing I could have done. At such strange and dark times, Daisy brought joy and colour into my days and helped me remember what’s most important. Every night when I put her to bed after singing her lullaby song, I thanked the universe for bringing her into my life. Ironically, the virus that seemingly infected and killed her in the end is an mRNA virus belonging to the same family of coronaviruses. Many parrots have this virus but are asymptomatic as their bodies produce a protein antibody against the virus. Daisy’s body however, didn’t produce this protein antibody, and her life was cut very very short. The avian doctor we saw told me that in her decades of practice she had never come across a case exactly like Daisy’s, where she struggled with digestive issues only but then had a sudden death. Daisy hadn’t even reached full maturity. She died at 18 months, and the parrots of her kind can live for 30 years. Why it is that beautiful souls leave this earth so quickly? That is a question I will never have the answer for as long as I live here on planet earth. But the truth is that when hearts are connected on a soul level, time becomes irrelevant. Daisy taught me so much in her short lived life. She even taught me a lot more with her death. And now, she is saying: “Life is fleeting and precious, so make sure to find joy even in the dark times.” Thank you Daisy. And thank you to all of you wonderful souls for your love and support."

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so very sorry your magnificent Daisy has passed. My heartfelt condolences for the loss of a deeply beloved and courageous companion.

Thank you for sharing Daisy's tragically brief story, a loving tribute to her beautiful soul. I am saddened her histopathology identified cause of illness yet offered no cure. May her precious memories comfort you during a time of grief and despair.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Farnoosh, what a terribly sad ending to Daisy's courageous life! I too have lost a precious little soul way too young, and I know that very painful feeling in the heart that you describe, so you have my very deepest sympathy. The love and the eternal bonds that you and Daisy shared are still very much alive, and they always will be.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet little Daisy girl, until we all meet again ❤️

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
I am so very sorry your magnificent Daisy has passed. My heartfelt condolences for the loss of a deeply beloved and courageous companion.

Thank you for sharing Daisy's tragically brief story, a loving tribute to her beautiful soul. I am saddened her histopathology identified cause of illness yet offered no cure. May her precious memories comfort you during a time of grief and despair.
Thank you so much Scott for your heartfelt message and for all your support throughout this very difficult and painful time. 🙏

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Oh Farnoosh, what a terribly sad ending to Daisy's courageous life! I too have lost a precious little soul way too young, and I know that very painful feeling in the heart that you describe, so you have my very deepest sympathy. The love and the eternal bonds that you and Daisy shared are still very much alive, and they always will be.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet little Daisy girl, until we all meet again ❤️
thank you ever so much for your kind words and sympathy. I truly appreciate it🙏

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you so much Scott for your heartfelt message and for all your support throughout this very difficult and painful time. 🙏
We're here for whatever support you desire.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thank you for sharing this. You're brave.

I am always honored and inspired and humbled to share a story of love and loss here. I will someday face such a challenge... horrible, because it will hurt... wonderful, since it will be the outcome of a great love.

I always like to share this: your darling left this realm while loved and cherished. What a joy. And I believe that joy finds its way into Eternity. I really do.

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Thank you for sharing this. You're brave.

I am always honored and inspired and humbled to share a story of love and loss here. I will someday face such a challenge... horrible, because it will hurt... wonderful, since it will be the outcome of a great love.

I always like to share this: your darling left this realm while loved and cherished. What a joy. And I believe that joy finds its way into Eternity. I really do.
awww thank you so much for sharing such heartful, loving, beautiful and kind words, it means a lot to me at this time to meet people who truly understand. It is a blessing. Much love to you🌹

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Now I am not able to read all the story, but I am very sorry, my full compassion goes to you. I hope your bird is going to have a good another life.
Thank you so much for your care and for your kind words <3

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
The passing of anyone's beloved pet is heartbreaking. Be it a kitty or doggo or or horsey,goat..even a fish :confused: but the passing of a parrot and undeniable pain and suffering a parront feels is usually only understood fully by another "bird" person. I lost my precious Smokey almost 6 yrs ago after she was with me for 28 glorious years and I miss and think of her every day. I feel your pain Fanoosh.really. My deepest condolences to you.

Jim

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
The passing of anyone's beloved pet is heartbreaking. Be it a kitty or doggo or or horsey,goat..even a fish :confused: but the passing of a parrot and undeniable pain and suffering a parront feels is usually only understood fully by another "bird" person. I lost my precious Smokey almost 6 yrs ago after she was with me for 28 glorious years and I miss and think of her every day. I feel your pain Fanoosh.really. My deepest condolences to you.

Jim
thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt words. It means a lot to me. Yes, only a bird person can understand the pain and loss😓 thank you again.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
i feel you the same thing happened with my sun..
its really heartbreaking how they hide thier illnesses for me and only show it once its too late
atleast she lived a happy life with you
rip daisy

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
i feel you the same thing happened with my sun..
its really heartbreaking how they hide thier illnesses for me and only show it once its too late
atleast she lived a happy life with you
rip daisy
Thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry that happened with your sunshine:orange: many blessings to them all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts