Dark Morning Routine

Theodore Marshall

Feb 17, 2023
Parrots
I have a male and a female lovebird
So, long story short my mother works a job that requires her to constantly be using her microphone, therefore we can't really afford much background noise from our birds

My mother usually puts them in the bathroom, gives them a nightlight and then turns off the main light.

Do you all reckon our birds will get mad? I've been trying all I can to make them be comfortable and they usually only stay for a little while but I still feel bad. I often come along and talk to them, too, and although it's pretty dark they seem to have no problem going around and doing their business around the cage.

Is there any better way we could go about this?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Accepted norms are that parrots require sleep, either 12 on and 12 off hours or a cycle that follows the seasonal changes in daylight/night time. Sticking them in a bathroom and covering them outside either of those scenarios is certainly not ideal. Maybe you could give us more information? Parrots also need time out of cage and time with their people. Yes, more info please.

OP
Theodore Marshall

Theodore Marshall

Feb 17, 2023
Parrots
I have a male and a female lovebird
They do sleep at their required times, and they're only in there for a little while and I give them plenty of company + as of now we've started keeping the lights on in there and I give them a night light on the rare occasion that it's dark

We let them out of their cage plenty, and they spend most time around people

Most Reactions