Debating between 3 cages

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So yesterday at the pet store where Tayler bought her bunny I saw 3 cages I want and am debating which to get. the first two are about as long as a piano if not longer one was a little taller than the other only $10 more. the third one wasnt very long but it was tall taller than me and I'm 5ft 5in but it was longer than their current cage. my problem is this. I love the long cages but the tallest one only went to my waist and with Abby i couldn't be sure she wouldn't open the sliding doors just cause could. I'd really rather not have my birds ate. however to solve that problem I could always buy padlocks for the doors. I liked the height of the one that was taller than me and I know they would be left alone by Abby then but it's not even half as long as the others. what do you guys think

Chaos_1.0

Jul 1, 2009
East Texas
Parrots
Cockatiel, Lovebird, 3 Parakeets
It would be really helpful to have pictures. But I would recommend a longer rather than taller cage. I had a tall cage for my tiel. I was talking to the owner of the bird store I get stuff from and she said that they aren't helicopter birds. What she was saying is they're not birds with short tails like loverbirds. The tall cages have to be wide and deep too if you get one. The cockatiels long tail can easily be broken in a tall cage when they turn around. I would personally get the long one and then put it on a book shelf, build or buy a stand. Then they have a long cage and it is high enough that you don't have to worry about Abby.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Yeah I was thinking about that because I had been told a long time ago that the longer the cage the better. The real reason I want the long cages is because I want to be able to hang lots of toys and perches in there. I just got them a rope perch yesterday which they seem to be enjoying. So total what they currently they have is 2 wooden perches (that as it turns out are too small for them as they can wrap there feet all the way around them), 1 edible perch (which is just right there feet are about half way around it), a rope perch (which is too big their feet are almost flat), a cuttle bone, a mineral treat, and 3 hanging toys along with their food and water dishes of course. Now because I have moved in with my mom since my dad got rid of my dogs (and they were the only reason I was staying there) I have to wait a little while to get a cage to figure out where to put it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts