Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Here is Astro!

He...didn't approve of the star. :LOL:

Move over star! Astro is the star of the show now!!!!
View attachment 33166
Wow, approving or not, Astro is gorgeous! Star of the show indeed :) Don't know that I've seen that combination of blue body and yellow face, though I'm not well versed in budgie mutations. Thanks for sharing :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I made Arno shower, and after I dried him off and put him in his bed, he refused to turn my direction! He never faces that way!
View attachment 33176
Yeah, clearly a pose of displeasure. He's telling you all you need to hear with that kind of body language. Hope he forgives you for your obviously unacceptable behavior ;)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Can I enter a chicken? My rooster always makes great grumpy faces, lol.
Well, this is a parrot forum, but go for it if you wish. I have chickens too. Had one rooster (by mistake) and he nearly killed two of the hens. He lives at a friend's farm now, and gets beaten up by her little bantam roosters. Karma... B'bye Parm! Yeah, all of ours have names, mostly chicken dish related, and he was Chicken Parmesan. :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Parrots
Moon the budgie (M, 2y.o)
Silvia the budgie (F, 1/2y.o)
It's spelled Silvia not Sylvia
This is my entry: Two pictures of Silvia not wanting to be socialized with, and one picture of Moon because why not.

IMG_6274.jpg
IMG_6268.jpg
IMG_6273.jpg

The second picture of Silvia would probably be the best real entry for me, if we can only use one photo

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
This is my entry: Two pictures of Silvia not wanting to be socialized with, and one picture of Moon just staring at the camera.

View attachment 33263View attachment 33264View attachment 33265

The second picture of Silvia would probably be the best real entry for me, if we can only use one photo
Yes, only one "Official entry," but it's a good one! Sylvia clearly showing the Bah Humbug face. I love it, thank you! :)

And by the way, what beautiful coloring she has. Gorgeous baby!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Well, this is a parrot forum, but go for it if you wish. I have chickens too. Had one rooster (by mistake) and he nearly killed two of the hens. He lives at a friend's farm now, and gets beaten up by her little bantam roosters. Karma... B'bye Parm! Yeah, all of ours have names, mostly chicken dish related, and he was Chicken Parmesan. :)
Some rooster can really cause some trouble!
I got really lucky with mine. They're both super sweet, and take excellent care of their ladies.
I was mostly joking about actually entering him, lol. I'll post some pictures just for fun though.

This one is from when he was a couple months old:
Bunny 16 close 10:15:20.jpg

This one is more recent:
IMG_20210117_121753558_HDR.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Now THAT is one magnificent rooster, Inko! Not sure I'd call him "grumpy" though - he has quite the aristocratic bearing, i think! Thanks for sharing your pics!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I got really lucky with mine. They're both super sweet, and take excellent care of their ladies.
I was mostly joking about actually entering him, lol. I'll post some pictures just for fun though.

View attachment 33293

This one is more recent:
View attachment 33294
Wow, he is a gorgeous rooster! Amazing mish mash of colors. Thanks for sharing him with us! :)

D

Deleted member 42416

View attachment 33293

This one is more recent:
View attachment 33294
I think “Grumpy Aristocrat” describes his look perfectly. He’s either Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice or angry Thurston Howl III (if Gilligan got sand in his coconut bath oil) on Gilligan’s Island! 😁

Dec 9, 2021
Media
Parrots
Is that an Americana?? I have 2 at home and one of them has chicken goggles because she attacks the other chickens

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Is that an Americana?? I have 2 at home and one of them has chicken goggles because she attacks the other chickens
He's an Easter Egger, which is the same thing as an Americana (not to be confused with an Ameraucana). The girl behind him in the second picture is an Easter Egger too.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oooooooo, my Sammy (Chicken Sandwich) is an Easter egger too, as was our vicious, now re-homed rooster. Love the blue eggs! We have an olive egger in the flock too. :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Parrots
He's an Easter Egger, which is the same thing as an Americana (not to be confused with an Ameraucana). The girl behind him in the second picture is an Easter Egger too.
I just Googled "Americana vs. Ameraucana" just so I'm not confused, and my hens are Easter Eggers as well. The one behind him looks a bit like Kiwi, one of my younger chickens

Most Reactions

Latest posts