Difference between a CAG an a TAG

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
I know they look slightly different (leaning towards CAG) but is there anything else that is different between them?

Thanks

Between my TAG and the CAGS I have worked with TAGS are a little less high strung. Smaller cage, voice not as loud.

I kinds like the look of the CAG more than the TAG. Which one would be the better starter bird?

Neither of them. Out of the two as I said the TAG is less high stung and not as prone to plucking. You need to go meet both types. Looks are not everything.

I'm mean starter African Grey bird

I think what Shelly is trying to say is go meet both TAG's & CAG's and see which one you connect with. Each bird will have its own distinct personality. Picking them on looks alone doesn't mean they are really the right bird for you. If you can spend time with both types and make your decision once you've had time to see how they interact, that would be the best way to make your decision! Hope that helps!

Is there one that is nicer to Conures I want them to be friends (not bonded). Chico (my Conures) is part of the decision.

Is there one that is nicer to Conures I want them to be friends (not bonded). Chico (my Conures) is part of the decision.

Now that would be up to the bird you ended up getting, but I would not count on it. My TAG has zero interest in the smaller birds and wants nothing to do with them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back