Differences between English Budgies and Wild-type Budgies

JSyle

Mar 20, 2020
Iā€™ve had 2 wild-type (or american) budgies for over two years now. I recently took in an English budgie from someone I used to pet sit for (so I have seen this bird a couple times before taking him in). The English budgie is still in quarantine but my hope is that when he is cleared by the vet that I can introduce him to my other 2 budgies. They are all males and I donā€™t intend on putting them in the same cage together, but I would like to have them all out of their cages together.

For people who have experience with both types of budgies: would you say they have different personalities? Do they tend to do alright when mixed? What should I watch out for when I introduce them?

For people who have experience with English budgies: Iā€™ve read that they have shorter life spans and are prone to health problems. What are some common health problems they have? What should I be looking out for?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hi,
I've admired English budgies @ i love how large they are.

You shouldn't have issues with having them out together. Budgies are a huge flocking species.

Show pictures!!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year šŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
āœ»Csillam the rescued budgie
āœ»Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
āœ»Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
āœ»RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
āœ»RIP -Sunny the budgie
We had an English budgie together with a "wild" type (violet mutation). Generally you can hold them together without any issues, it's still the same species. They have exactly the same body language and vocalisations. Rest is all about each bird's personality.

Attachments

• P1180208.jpg
    P1180208.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 75

Most Reactions