Disappearing updates to posts

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Yes, it can easily be me! But! Now, three times in the past week, updates to posts I made disappeared!
The latest was a birthday wish to one of our esteemed leaders!
Anyone else experiencing this?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yup, but with me it is commonly operator error or not closely following a return to the Forum I was working in. I have come to a point that I always return to "Active Topics" when I'm in that Forum and avoid the return button (key) as if it is a Post Killer, as it has more than a few times been the death of far too many Posts.

Then there is the "You took too long to create that Post" vastly varying time limit that the Forum seems to set as a hard cut-off time with no warning. And, I really mean it, that time limits vastly varies!!! The Hard Stick Strike of Auto Mod!!!
With moderate to long Posts, I always copy it prior to pressing "Submit Reply." It's an extra step, but!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
David, I'm not sure what's going on. I looked at Stephen's thread and it isn't showing a post was deleted, I wonder if this is just a glitch? Would you mind PMing me the other threads where your posts disappeared so I can check those?

Has anyone else had this issue lately?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
In those cases that I have seen this is when the Submit Reply button is pushed and the screen freezes.

My most common problem is user error when I fail to push the Submit Reply button! Those are my fault. The screen freeze, that's something in the technology.

OP
Flboy

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
David, I'm not sure what's going on. I looked at Stephen's thread and it isn't showing a post was deleted, I wonder if this is just a glitch? Would you mind PMing me the other threads where your posts disappeared so I can check those?

Has anyone else had this issue lately?
For now, I will just keep an eye on it. I only have vague recollection of the other posts, hey, it’s 10 am here and I don’t remember what I had for breakfast! Wait- I don’t eat breakfast, I forgot!

OP
Flboy

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
An update!
Absolutely user error!
On an iPad, at times, the keyboard will drop away without the reply actually posting!
When I am jumping around, it’s easy to miss that!
It isn’t really a defect in the iPad, it is more of a function of the variable pressure touch!

Most Reactions

Latest posts