diy play gym on a budget!

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
my best friend has a lot of budgies and she made a wall playground for hers with cage bottoms. i got inspired but bc i have a conure, wanted to go a bit sturdier. so this is what i did!! all in all, buying new toys, materials, and treats to shove in it, i spent abt ~$80 bucks. but im sure u can do it for loads cheaper if u already have extra toys n such laying around.

ill post a pic but basically just command hooked a big wire grate to my wall!
DC08FC67-C5D2-4165-A56A-0307F6EDEA84.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a fantastic playgym, and it looks like Jello is really enjoying it!
Great idea!

Unfortunately, your picture of Jello and the ball isn't showing. I'm sorry you were hurt:(

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
That looks amazing!

I started to do the same with an old flimsy cage for a Christmas present for my ringneck, but then I needed the cage for a foster birds so I'm still waiting - I am seriously loving these ideas!!!

fl1ck

Jan 1, 2023
Parrots
African silver grey x2
That looks amazing!

I started to do the same with an old flimsy cage for a Christmas present for my ringneck, but then I needed the cage for a foster birds so I'm still waiting - I am seriously loving these ideas!!!
my best friend has a lot of budgies and she made a wall playground for hers with cage bottoms. i got inspired but bc i have a conure, wanted to go a bit sturdier. so this is what i did!! all in all, buying new toys, materials, and treats to shove in it, i spent abt ~$80 bucks. but im sure u can do it for loads cheaper if u already have extra toys n such laying around.

ill post a pic but basically just command hooked a big wire grate to my wall!View attachment 48101
great idea and job
ive been thinking about this for one of my african silver greys this would be ideal for one of them but the other one would destroy this in seconds

Most Reactions