Eclectus Parrot Behavior

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
This is a YouTube video of an Eclectus parrot, and his behaviors. This is exactly how Nico behaves, and what I’ve been trying to describe. This is what I’ve been asking Nico’s vet for help with. Does anyone else have an Eclectus parrot that behaves this way? Does anything help?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I’ve seen this video before.

I wish I could be of help but my reply will send this thread to the top of the list.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I’ve seen this video before.

I wish I could be of help but my reply will send this thread to the top of the list.
Anything that is helpful would be appreciated. I’ve spent so much time trying to help Nico, and researching ideas on what could potentially help. I’m guessing that this is natural instinct. That nothing exactly just gets rid of it.

The only thing I can add additional to this video is that Nico also regurgitates quite a bit. Especially all over his cage.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Anything that is helpful would be appreciated. I’ve spent so much time trying to help Nico, and researching ideas on what could potentially help. I’m guessing that this is natural instinct. That nothing exactly just gets rid of it.

The only thing I can add additional to this video is that Nico also regurgitates quite a bit. Especially all over his cage.
I’ve read through your previous threads about your problems with Nicos behavior.
I know how hard it must be for you and your husband.

I watched the video again and I’d say those people have a few more things that are causing his plucking and behavior.
His diet wasn’t proper if that’s all they were feeding him and judging from the conures cage in the background which was quite barren, I’d imagine the Eclectus cage looks similar.

I know Quakers are nothing like Ekkies but when my Quaker Tony is regurgitating on his toys and he likes to on his foot, I rearrange everything, and I mean everything.
Toys may be completely remade and or swapped, it seems to help to an extent.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I’ve read through your previous threads about your problems with Nicos behavior.
I know how hard it must be for you and your husband.

I watched the video again and I’d say those people have a few more things that are causing his plucking and behavior.
His diet wasn’t proper if that’s all they were feeding him and judging from the conures cage in the background which was quite barren, I’d imagine the Eclectus cage looks similar.

I know Quakers are nothing like Ekkies but when my Quaker Tony is regurgitating on his toys and he likes to on his foot, I rearrange everything, and I mean everything.
Toys may be completely remade and or swapped, it seems to help to an extent.
Nico’s vet is having me change his diet, and she also asked me to rearrange his cage. Which caused a bunch of feather plucking (this past week). I talk to her again on I believe Thursday.

Nico’s vet has never mentioned him taking Prozac. I was just curious if it could help him. I’ve tried about everything else.

Most Reactions

Latest posts