Eggbertha Needs an Aviary Home...

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
🌟 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽〘F Lutino Budgie〙🌟
✈️ 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙧〘M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakariki〙✈️
Hey all. I'm looking to rehome Eggbertha. We love her to death, but are going to be moving soon, and she seems to be pretty agitated. Unfortunately, I have not been able to hand-tame her. No matter what I did she has always been terrified. We're thinking that it's because of the way the Petco associate took her out of the enclosure, but it could also just be her disposition. She's the first bird I've never been able to eventually hand tame. She's a sweet, beautiful budgie, and I just don't think she's happy.

I want her to be able to thrive in the fully ability to enjoy the company of other living creatures, I want to send her to someone experienced with a budgie aviary. She just got done laying some eggs, and she's very hormonal. She's been escaping her cage to fly around the patio and I'm worried she's going to get stuck or injured when I'm not there. This also causes her to be trapped away from her food and water since the cage doesn't stay open when she opens it. I've had to just keep it open for her so she doesn't starve or get dehydrated, as well as check on her. I HAVE tried to secure the cage, and somehow she's still getting out.

This is part of the reason why I think an aviary would be good for her. She's social with Starlight, somewhat, but they are both females so the interactions are briefly positive before they get agitated with each other.

Eggbertha is healthy and her plumage is very unique. She's albino but you can see that her feathers are almost opalescent; they shine an iridescent blue and pinkish, and it's different than what I've seen before in a budgie. It's very neat. She definitely has a great appetite, but her droppings are appearing runny right now due to her hormones. I think she would make a great budgie to breed with a friendly, calm, beautiful male. I think, despite her anxious personality, she could make some beautiful, interesting budgies with a male who has a complementary temperament. I'm not sure if she would be a great mom, though, because she slung her infertile eggs around the cage... :rolleyes:

If anyone is near central Florida and would like to talk with me about this, please reply to this posting or send me a PM.

I've attached some pictures of her. In the bright one, you might be able to see how her feathers look bluish, starting on her chest and down through the rest of her body. I hate doing flash pictures, but she wasn't looking directly at the camera.

Attachments

• eggbertha1.jpg
    eggbertha1.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 80
  • eggbertha2.jpg
    eggbertha2.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 74

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Neat coloration! But I can not access a bird in Australia.
I wonder what mutation this is? An extreme dilute or fallow maybe???
She said she's from Florida in her post. I think the username is because all the birds she has is from Australia.

MykaMom

Aug 24, 2019
Illinois
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
Chickens
Depending on where she's headed, can we form a transport chain?

I've been thinking about this with all the 'rehoming birds' threads here.

If I was closer(west central Illinois) I'd gladly take her in.

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
She said she's from Florida in her post. I think the username is because all the birds she has is from Australia.
This is correct! I'm in central Florida, USA, but all my parrots are native to Australia. :)

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
Anyone interested can also PM me if you would prefer that the public can't access your general location. Depending on the situation, we could probably drive, but I'm not sure how far. We would have to work something out if necessary.

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
Neat coloration! But I can not access a bird in Australia.
I wonder what mutation this is? An extreme dilute or fallow maybe???
I looked up fallow budgies and was amazed at how beautiful they are. She looks almost like she could be, but if you dialed the opacity down almost all the way. I thought she was an albino, and truthfully the coloring is very hard to see, but when you do, it is very unique and beautiful, in my opinion. It's basically the middle of the day here, and I just looked at her and I can see very faint stripes, and she does look a lot like a very, ultra pale blue fallow. I also examined the extreme dilute variety, and it almost seems like she would fit this description better. I'm attaching photos of both. The one with the Photobucket watermark is the extreme dilute, whereas the other one is a fallow. Out of these two images, she looks more like the extreme dilute, to me.

Attachments

• fallow budgie.jpg
    fallow budgie.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 73
  • extreme dilute budgie.png
    extreme dilute budgie.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 65

Most Reactions