Eye swelling?

Kyiiiiiii

May 9, 2022
Parrots
Gcc
I was scratching my little green cheek conure's head and looked away for a second until he let out a little scream. I thought I hurt his eye, so I went into a brighter light to see that one side looked redder and more swollen than the other eyelid. I've been told to wait it out, but I feel like I hurt him very badly. #1 is his normal eye, #2 the swollen. Is it serious? Any advice?
PXL_20220509_053018242.MP.jpg
PXL_20220509_052631132.MP.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Aww little sweetie..its definitely red rimmed...
Because this can also indicate health issues..like infection..definitely watch or consider an avian vet visit.

Do you know that it definitely didn't look like this before?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Agree with my colleagues above. Eyes are so very delicate and problems leading to eye swelling are quite numerous, so would recommend diagnosis and treatment by a certified avian vet. The following resource should help to locate one near you if not already acquainted ...

Best of luck with your little one, and I hope he will be ok 🙏

OP
K

Kyiiiiiii

May 9, 2022
Parrots
Gcc
Aww little sweetie..its definitely red rimmed...
Because this can also indicate health issues..like infection..definitely watch or consider an avian vet visit.

Do you know that it definitely didn't look like this before?
I do think so because his other eye looks much different than the swollen one, and even in old photos he had no pink rim around his eye. This is the second day since the accident, should I wait longer? I'm not sure if he's getting better either.
1652240791375.png

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
is his other iris dark like this, were you can't see the pupil? That darkness can indicate damage to the eye, inflammation...as so on. A scratch to corneal..other..

Because eyes are very special and delicate and important, anything with eyes really getting a veterinarian exam is best.

OP
K

Kyiiiiiii

May 9, 2022
Parrots
Gcc
is his other iris dark like this, were you can't see the pupil? That darkness can indicate damage to the eye, inflammation...as so on. A scratch to corneal..other..

Because eyes are very special and delicate and important, anything with eyes really getting a veterinarian exam is best.
The other eye is like this, yes. And I think that it may have been the lighting in the photo, normally, it's easier to see the pupil

Most Reactions

Latest posts