Farewell my Rambo!!

Rambosmother

May 31, 2019
I am heartbroken to let you all know that Rambo my Quaker has passed away. He was 30 years old and my feathered baby for all his life. His last words were "Ok. Rambo go bye bye" . He suffered a stroke and did not recover. I am devastated. He was so vocal and animated. Called me mamma. The void in my heart is so huge. Will I always feel so broken????

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
So sorry to learn of Rambo's passing. He had a good, long life with you and you certainly have lots of good memories to treasure. Let them be a comfort to you and help you through this difficult time. The pain of your loss will lessen with time, while Rambo will always be with you, in your heart and your thoughts.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Rambo. It’s wonderful that he lived such a long and cherished life so full of love with you but it is truly devastating when we lose them – a thousand lifetimes could never be time enough. Your pain will ease but it will take time, maybe a long time, but grief like this is the price we pay when we love them with all of our hearts. Sending prayers for peace and comfort to you, @Rambosmother, you will see your precious boy again one day at the Bridge 🙏🌈

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm so, so sorry about your baby. It does get better, and it takes time, but someday, you'll be able to think back and smile at all the times you shared. I'm sure Rambo loved you very, very much.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I and the rest of the Moderator staff offer our sincere condolences on Rambo's passing. I think most of us have experienced this loss, I know I have. My last parrot, Max, was fine one day, perfectly normal, and then he just .......... went away. No warning, no inclination of sickness, just gone.

I still feel horrible about losing him, with the same thoughts you have, about what could I have done better, different, smarter - anything. There is no point in beating yourself up. What makes me feel better is remembering all the fun stuff we did with him, his off little quirks, calls and mischiefs.

Also, you should know that I make a twice yearly donation to the Cornell University Vet program, directed to be used exclusively for parrot related studies and programs, in the name of Parrot Forums and I list each and every one of our feather babies on here who have crossed the rainbow bridge in the period. Rest assure that Rambo's name will be in the next donation.

burdymum

Jul 7, 2022
Parrots
Quaker parrot
I am heartbroken to let you all know that Rambo my Quaker has passed away. He was 30 years old and my feathered baby for all his life. His last words were "Ok. Rambo go bye bye" . He suffered a stroke and did not recover. I am devastated. He was so vocal and animated. Called me mamma. The void in my heart is so huge. Will I always feel so broken????
I’m so sorry 😞

Most Reactions

Latest posts