Fargo trick training videos :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
I haven't posted many tricks of Fargo's lately, so here we go! :p

So firstly we have his main roll over trick, you will notice in these videos i have to show him my hand full of nuts, otherwise he thinks i don't have any treats left and he loses focus, typical toddler :09:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcQNbuByEI&feature=youtu.be]Fargo rolling over - YouTube[/ame]

Next we have a video from today, this is when he is in a relaxed mood, and is very focused on his training! :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vm2Aot1Jw&feature=youtu.be]Few tricks of Fargo's - YouTube[/ame]

This is what i call a hypo training session, when he is in a talking mood, and gets all his tricks mixed up hahaha :rolleyes: We are also going to try and make the stick em up trick hold longer, he is just starting to do a quick flap!
His newest trick is in this one, its a very basic 'bow', which he holds his head down like hes bowing down :09: and also his kiss on command :cool:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNu3ka07JQ&feature=youtu.be]Hypo trick training with Fargo - YouTube[/ame]

Flipping over my hand, 3 times in a row, i think he was a bit dizzy after haha ;) Still needs a bit of improvement on this trick
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgOq9hdAow&feature=youtu.be]Fargo flips over hand 3 times - YouTube[/ame]

And lastly, he is learning to fetch, he loves chasing after the ball, so now we are working on putting it in my hand, and then will work towards bringing it back, hes getting the concept slowly :p
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLoMYoWXbM&feature=youtu.be]Fargo fetching a ball - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks to my amazing camera work, trying to film and give commands takes pure skill :22: hahahaha

Enjoy :blue1:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Great work, Tab! He clearly loves to learn things, and very much loves the rewards :). And his aussie hello's are the best!

BTW, Fargo has about the screechiest kisses I've ever heard :11:

Cool vids. Thanks!

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
What a clever boy! Fargo is such a smart boy!

In the third video, where he was climbing up the rope, and how you said he was slow, then he went super fast, and was like 'who said I was slow?!' Lol! :D And I think Fargo is a better fetcher than my cavalier! Hahaha! :D

I really enjoyed the videos! Thanks for sharing!

And wow, Tab, you're still up? It's 4:24am! Well.... I can't say much since I'm up as well! Lol! :D

blackhawk007

Jan 23, 2013
Chicago
Parrots
Teka~Red Lored Amazon 20 years old,. . Ruthie ~ 16 year old Ruby Macaw, . .
:eek: OMG!!! Thats amazing! I think you have a few things that you could teach some of the bird trainers out here. Great work Tab.

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Monte..Scarlet macaw, Seminole...yellow napped amazon, Starburst... sun conure...Rain, cinnamon green cheek.
Very impressive!!!! :thumbup::cool:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahaha Tony, he does have a very high pitched kiss :eek:

Lily, he is cheeky, he does things at his own pace sometimes ;) and yes i was up late, bad tab :54:

Thank you Blackhawk!! That made my day :eek: :09: I would really love to be a bird trainer !

and thank you Brandon :D :cool:

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Thanks tab so much, you have given me some great ideas of things i can do with midnight when she gets here.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WHAT a sweet treat! Thanks so much for the clips, Tab! Fargo is amazing, and YOU and Fargo make a fantastic team! :D

He never seizes to amaze me, and neither do you. ;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Fargo sure is intelligent, entertaining and funny
We can all learn from the vid's THANKS
You and Fargo are a match made in heaven
The videos are awesome
Thanks for sharing
000203FC.gif

PicklesParrot

Feb 25, 2013
Florida
Parrots
Male SI Eclectus
How did you start with training? What tricks were first? and then what came next? Im a beginner with my eclectus and I would love to get where you and fargo are but I know it is one thing at a time. Im just curious what was first and how you did it and what you did after. I guess sort of a timeline... Does that make sense?

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha ok!

Um, first was actually flight recall, that was when i had first got him, so we worked on stepping up, and then flying to me!

Then this was the order of the tricks- if my memory is correct ;)

Turn around
Shake hands
Hi 5
Wave
Tunnel
Stick em up
Down the slide
Climb the rope
Hello on command
Nod
Roll over
Flip over hand
Kiss on command
Bow

oh and target was somewhere in there :p

So now hes working on fetch and sticking his tongue out

And i use pecans :) Just snapped into little pieces, he LOVES them

PicklesParrot

Feb 25, 2013
Florida
Parrots
Male SI Eclectus
Wow! He knows a lot! How long on average did it take him to learn one?

Ive got an eclectus and we just got "target" and almost "turn around" completed. He gets so excited when he knows were about to start training. He loves his sunflower seeds and it's the only time he is allowed them.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
haha :)
I have no idea how long it takes him to learn one :S ummmm, it really depends on the trick..

Rolling over took him about 2 months to do on his own, he wanted my help to tip him over for ages and wouldnt fall over by himself! :eek:

Hello and nodding only took maybe 2 training sessions.

But when he performed the trick, it improved as he does it more, there are videos of Fargos EARLY training sessions and he was very slow with his response hehe :09:

We train for no more than 10 minutes a day, we will do each trick once or twice, and if hes learning a new one, then we will do that one maybe 3 times :)

Haha! That is great that he loves training :D Fargo flies straight to his training perch when he sees me go to the shelf to get the nuts :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts