Fashion Fail!

Birdmom12

Jan 21, 2019
Parrots
Parakeet named Blue. Adopted from a Humane Society 5 years ago.

Kirby Cockatiel adopted from a humane society 2018.

Also a slew of other small birds that span my entire childhood.
For those of you that have followed the journey of Georgia and I you know the struggles. I'm barely making it as second best with her, aggression runs high, and if I could just move away she would love it. Lately we have made what I consider great progress. I can safely feed her, treat her, and talk to her with out the normal lashing out.

Well we are back at square one now! I got a new dress in the mail (basic sun dress) tried it on and walked through the house. WHOA NELLY BAD IDEA. Georgia instantly flared up and went angry big bird on me. She even acted extremely afraid if I got to close. The distaste for this new dress was obvious so I quickly went and took it off. Now it appears much of our hard work at bonding has take 2 steps back. She is now lashing out again, eyeing me, and cautious.

Lesson learned, striped dresses are not in.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Yikes! It’s odd what they react to....I wore a striped skirt to the parrot rescue once (I usually wear fairly neutral clothes but they needed help on a day that I don’t normally go so I went in office clothes). I took a pretty bad bite through my finger from a U2 that day....and never wore stripes again. On the upside, she did get over it and we became friends again in a couple of weeks. I hope Georgia is forgiving...you’ve worked so hard and made lots of progress. My fingers are crossed for you :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL everyone knows wearing stripes past MemorialDay is a nono to parrots.

john8terry

Jan 24, 2019
For those of you that have followed the journey of Georgia and I you know the struggles. I'm barely making it as second best with her, aggression runs high, and if I could just move away she would love it. Lately we have made what I consider great progress. I can safely feed her, treat her, and talk to her with out the normal lashing out.

Well we are back at square one now! I got a new dress in the mail (basic sun dress) tried it on and walked through the house. WHOA NELLY BAD IDEA. Georgia instantly flared up and went angry big bird on me. She even acted extremely afraid if I got to close. The distaste for this new dress was obvious so I quickly went and took it off. Now it appears much of our hard work at bonding has take 2 steps back. She is now lashing out again, eyeing me, and cautious.

Lesson learned, striped dresses are not in.
May not be the stripes. Could be the colours. Consuela, my QP, LOVES(!) red but hates purple (Go figure. ). This goes to prove that you do not own the bird; the bird owns you.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Parrots: Fashion Snobs!
Color is commonly the first issue and each Parrot is different in what is acceptable and what is not. Patterns are a near second. When one combines the offending color with an offending pattern, now that is a real nono.
One of the reality of Parrots is that once they get over the offense, you can start over and life will get better.
Take care with nail colors, get that wrong and your out the door! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts