Fatty Dingdong the fabulous rude parakeet

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
gplus-34683654.jpg

He didn't think I was paying enough attention to him.....

edit: weird, can you guys see the photo? I can't from my phone but can from my desktop..

Here is a link https://plus.google.com/106856420477525449186/posts/EDkQ1NyosJB

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
He has turned into a flying piranha. O.O It's hormonal, I think. Think he has started puberty. It's been so long since I've had a young bird. Wow this is awful and he is so pleased with himself. I don't react and he doesn't bite me much, but when them face feathers come up, ooooooooooooh boyo! He has a few special favorite toys, that I know I'll get it good if I ask him to step up from them (one is a swing, another is the jingle ball cat toy). Also if he gets too focused on Alex or if he is on top of Alex's cage while Alex is napping. Planning to get a table top play gym with a solid floor to put on top of Mr. Bird's cage so Fatty won't pester him as much. Should I let him keep the swing and jingle ball? His cage is due for a rearrange and I'm not sure what to do.

Alex's girlfriend doesn't live with him (stuffed ostrich cat toy), and it's been probably since I had budgies as a kid since I had a young bird. All rescues since then. Gee, even the hormonal young male amazon wasn't as bad as this little feathered ball of chaos and cuss words.

In a weird way this is just another thing to enjoy about him. He's a budgie; he has a small beak and it doesn't do any actual damage. It's weirdly cute, like a hamster would be while stabbing you with a switchblade or something.

From phone, while being chewed on.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
LOL..."Fatty Dingdong"..:D..Sorry I just crack up when I see that name :04:

There is never enough talk about budgies in my mind.
When someone says parakeet or budgie,some people (like me :13:) think "sparrow"..just your plain jane..a bird is all..there's a bazillion of 'em around..how untrue..an amazing little ball of fluff and attitude, mischief and personality :p there ought to be a law...EVERYONE should be owned by one of these wonderful devil's at least once in their lives :04:

Fatty sounds like an awesome guy. He is being your typical budgie..nothin' is gonna slow him down and you cant make me!!

here we go...#teamfatty

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Fatty met my special friend today for the first time. Hahahaha ohhhhh man is Fatty smitten. Tho my guy was wearing a tannish green shirt so that could have played a part. Hmm, but Fatty even chattered a bit in his face, so I think I may have some competition.... for both of their attention! :eek:

Fatty was even nice enough to only bite him twice, to which he did not respond. Hmmmmm, I see a potential bird person.. :D (He is a "critters" person already, but we all know bird people are a special breed of crazy :) )

And we now have evidence that The Dingdongs is a troll. When presented with an amulent that protects against elves and trolls, he took off flying like I had just told him I was going to pluck his feathers out for a tiny pillow or something. :greenyellow:

From phone

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Fatty is like a little sound mirror sometimes. Earlier I was holding Alex and making kissy noises and Fatty starts making kissy noises from across the room where he had been flirting with a bottle of water and was now staring at Alex and I. I made a different noise, he copied it. I talk to Alex, he copies it. We went back and forth like this for a few minutes before he got *super* jealous and flew over, chatted with us for a bit, then flew back to Alex's cage and started boxing and flirting with the bottle of water again. Silly little jealous thing. :blue2:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
He is so adorable! I love budgies - my next addition will be a budgie or a cockatiel (or if I’m lucky....both) :)

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Aww thanks. Both of those species are great choices (but I may be biased)!

Fatty is a very strange eater. He does not like millet. O.O never met a bird who didn't like millet before. On the spray, loose in a seed mix.. doesn't like millet. Proso, senegal, japanese, red, none of it. What a freaking weirdo. And I just got a 5 lb box of spray millet. At least Alex loves it and the little one seems to like ripping it off the cob and hulling it. Swallowing seeds is still just asking a little too much.

I'm literally looking at a little green bird playing with a toy and utterly ignore a spray millet in his cage. This is not new, he has never liked millet. Weirdo. I got him a bag of "oat sprays", aince he loves oats so much. We will see if he goes after it.

From phone

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Pray tell, how did this little star get his name? Not the rude parakeet part (that's obvious) but the Fatty Dingdong part? I thought I had asked this already, but may have failed to hit Submit!

Anyway, inquiring minds want to know!

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Oh, sorry! You totall already asked and I forgot to answer. A while ago Ishowed the tv show "Metalocalypse" to a friend of mine, and he quite liked it and has since become utterly obsessed with it. It follows a lovably misguided death metal band through some pretty ridiculous and usualy very, very gory misadventures. In one episode, they become super successfull and "make too much money" so have to get tax writeoffs in a hurry. Their misguided selves adopt a fat kid thinking it would be a tax write off. They name him "Fatty Dingdong" and basically treat him like a dog and it's just absolutely ridiculous. They get him neutered to calm him down because it would be cruel to stop feeding him nothing but junk food, and in the end they decide it's kindest to set him free. They release their adopted son on an island they had bought and set up as a "home for wayward kitties", who promptly attack him. The episode ends with the band flying away waving to Fatty from a helicopter saying "oh he'll be fine, he's fat".

My friend suggested I name him Fatty Dingdong after the character and I just couldn't say no. Lol

From phone

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::33: :54:

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
LOL, it's one of those late night cartoons for adults with dark senses of humor.

Jottlebot

Aug 29, 2012
Shropshire, UK
Parrots
Orange-winged Amazon - RIP Charlie,
Spock - Common Mynah,
McCoy - Alexandrine
Why on earth haven't I read this before!?!

You are a terrible, terrible, wonderful human being! It makes me smile just to think that you Fatty (and the rest of your flock) are out there being yourselves!

Thank you for lots of laughs!

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
https://plus.google.com/u/0/106474035544290964215/posts/UgSG8hMpoY8

This bird is freaking ADORABLE. Sorry for poor quality, was trying to not have him notice me. was a quick series of photos taken through the bars and google did the auto animation. :)

The animation doesn't capture it, but he was talking to himself when his face was shoved in the bell. <3

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Lol, so Fatty has a new trick. When I shake my hands and/or say "flapflapflap" he flaps his wings like mad. It's his favorite game currently, and he will come over to me and flap his wings to initiate the game. Freaking adorable.

From phone

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
I would love a video! Both Kermit and Ducky can spread their wings on command (the “eagle wings” trick) but neither of them flap! Bluebell sometimes flaps her wings in place for a few seconds before taking off, but Bluebell is what you call ‘the untrainable bird’. Everything is on her terms!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

When Amy and I do his "flapflap" lesson's,at times when he is standing on his play top and I ask him "Amy?wanna go flapflap"? He'll spread his arms out and practice...he knows whats coming up lol.

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Will try to get a video, have been busy lately though. Fatty's newest phrase is "I'm gonna bite you!" It took him a while to learn that one. Maybe a bit long of a phrase for him? Tho he has basically stopped biting. :D

From phone

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Whats that Budgie's name? "whats a parakeet? a green and yellow bird that talks"? " I haz cheeseburgerzz" Maybe Fatty could take a lesson or two from watching him? ;)

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts