Fear of crazy objects or things

ShadyCrooks

Apr 24, 2023
Parrots
Jenday - Conure- Vladamore
My guy is particularly weird about normal everyday things. Curious if anyone has come across the same hang up’s.

-Feet/toes (but only mine🤪)

-Socks (major hatred)

-Pen (no writing of any kind)đź‘ż

-Likes to jump in my shirt and bite me.

-I’m not allowed to talk to anyone on the phone. Period. Ever.

-Paper of any kind (printing something is very dangerous in my house.)

-Folding clothes is not allowed .

IMG_6262.jpeg

I love him. He tolerates me.🦜💗

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My guy is particularly weird about normal everyday things. Curious if anyone has come across the same hang up’s.

-Feet/toes (but only mine🤪)

-Socks (major hatred)

-Pen (no writing of any kind)đź‘ż

-Likes to jump in my shirt and bite me.

-I’m not allowed to talk to anyone on the phone. Period. Ever.

-Paper of any kind (printing something is very dangerous in my house.)

-Folding clothes is not allowed .

View attachment 50640
I love him. He tolerates me.🦜💗
My tiel isn’t a fan of pens, but he enjoys colored pencils. He likes all the fun colors and the smooth textures on his beak! and honestly, I don’t blame him lol

He’s actually super good with phone calls. He learned to go quiet when I make phone calls since I would get everyone to shush and make the call. He picked it up and now when he hears it ringing, he goes radio silent. But as soon as I set the phone down…

AAAAAAAAÆÆÆEEEEAÆEEEEHHHCK!!!!

All hell breaks loose again and he is right back to going nuts.

My tiel is just as disgusted by feet as I am lol so thankfully he doesn’t hate them but he seems quite disgusted by them.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My tiel isn’t a fan of pens, but he enjoys colored pencils. He likes all the fun colors and the smooth textures on his beak! and honestly, I don’t blame him lol

He’s actually super good with phone calls. He learned to go quiet when I make phone calls since I would get everyone to shush and make the call. He picked it up and now when he hears it ringing, he goes radio silent. But as soon as I set the phone down…

AAAAAAAAÆÆÆEEEEAÆEEEEHHHCK!!!!

All hell breaks loose again and he is right back to going nuts.

My tiel is just as disgusted by feet as I am lol so thankfully he doesn’t hate them but he seems quite disgusted by them.
My budgie Rocky makes chads out of all my mail and any other paper. I give her magazines I'm finished with and just let her make piles of chads out of them. Fortunately she has no interest in shredding the paper towels I line the bottom of her cage with (I don't use a grate). I give her a 20 foot long roll of mylar "bird tape" (to make ribbons outside to scare wild birds away) to play with and it's one of her favorite toys. She unrolls the whole thing and plays in the pile of shiny streamers then I roll it all back up again. Repeat many times a day. No, she doesn't try to eat it!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My budgie Rocky makes chads out of all my mail and any other paper. I give her magazines I'm finished with and just let her make piles of chads out of them. Fortunately she has no interest in shredding the paper towels I line the bottom of her cage with (I don't use a grate). I give her a 20 foot long roll of mylar "bird tape" (to make ribbons outside to scare wild birds away) to play with and it's one of her favorite toys. She unrolls the whole thing and plays in the pile of shiny streamers then I roll it all back up again. Repeat many times a day. No, she doesn't try to eat it!
What are chads?

This sounds incredibly fun! I want to chew on the Mylar now.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
What are chads?

This sounds incredibly fun! I want to chew on the Mylar now.
"Chads" are the tiny bite sized pieces of paper a budgie (or other bird) makes when he chews on a piece of paper. In broader terms, "chads" are the tiny pieces of paper that fall when a machine punches a tiny hole in a piece of paper or a card.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
"Chads" are the tiny bite sized pieces of paper a budgie (or other bird) makes when he chews on a piece of paper. In broader terms, "chads" are the tiny pieces of paper that fall when a machine punches a tiny hole in a piece of paper or a card.
Ohhhhh okay, thanks for the clarification!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Ohhhhh okay, thanks for the clarification!
I think I finally found something Rocky is afraid of- my Roomba vacuum, Rodney. Rocky is refusing to get out of her cage with Rodney running around the floor. I haven't used Rodney for ages so Rocky has never seen him before. I started him up this morning and Rocky is like WTF! She will just have to get used to him.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I think I finally found something Rocky is afraid of- my Roomba vacuum, Rodney. Rocky is refusing to get out of her cage with Rodney running around the floor. I haven't used Rodney for ages so Rocky has never seen him before. I started him up this morning and Rocky is like WTF! She will just have to get used to him.
Poor rocky! She won’t be able to watch you clean up her messes! Some robot does it Instead!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
As Rocky’s lawyer who has been in birb law for 165 years, we are suing you for 2,000,000 seeb and 15 suet. Thou shall clean up every mess thy parrot makes.
Theze dang birdz keep me chained to my vacuum cleaners but less than they used to since I bought them their luxury plexiglass homes! But Rocky LOVES to fling her toys and everything she can pick up or push onto the floor and stare at me until I pick it up. The Queen demands prompt servitude!
31314.jpeg

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
My budgies are pretty chill with most things but JJ the Quaker HATES when people wear hats (the first time my brother walked into my room wearing a hat, JJ literally told him to “get the f*** out!” Fortunately his R rated language is decreasing since we don’t swear in our house!). He also freaks when he sees people walking outside his window so I keep his cage partly covered on that side. I recently realized that he is not fond of patterned clothing; I have a sweatshirt with penguins on it and he bites the penguins lol!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My budgies are pretty chill with most things but JJ the Quaker HATES when people wear hats (the first time my brother walked into my room wearing a hat, JJ literally told him to “get the f*** out!” Fortunately his R rated language is decreasing since we don’t swear in our house!). He also freaks when he sees people walking outside his window so I keep his cage partly covered on that side. I recently realized that he is not fond of patterned clothing; I have a sweatshirt with penguins on it and he bites the penguins lol!
Rocky hates ears, unfortunately, and attacks them when she sits on shoulders! We have to wear hoodies when she's out of her cage. She also can't resist trying to bite off skin tags.

Most Reactions

Latest posts